Friday, July 20

Food Friday: Strawberry yogurt bites


This week's food friday is a quick and easy summer snack to cool you down and keep you away from the ice cream*. I first saw this idea on Pinterest [obviously] and knew right then and there that I would be eating them soon - the fact that there were no directions was just a small hurdle to be overcome. 


I mean it's not like you really need directions since the original image is pretty straightforward - dip strawberries in greek yogurt, freeze [for 40 minutes]. That should be it. Directions = done. Problem is, the photo on pinterest makes them look oh-so-perfect and mine turned out a little fugly. 


I did what I could. I used my mini muffin pan to hold them each separately so they didn't freeze together. I used my tea measurement spoon to roll them in the yogurt and then scoop them out for optimal coverage, but they just aren't incased in a round ball of yogurty goodness... it's more like a misshapen lump. Still tasty, but not pretty.


I'm still trying to figure out how to get them pretty. Perhaps the girl has a circular mould that shuts on the top and allows them to maintain that shape... or maybe, she goes into the freezer halfway through the freezing process and rolls them in the palms of her hands. At this point, I have no clue, BUT I will definitely let you know if I figure it out because, I mean, who wants fugly delicious yogurt strawberry balls when they can have pretty ones? Stay tuned...

*Results may vary. This is a day-by-day battle





8 comments:

  1. You crack me up. This looks delicious by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those look tres yummy!!! Haha fugly yogurt balls, i'm not judging don't worry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if they aren't as pretty as you would have liked, I think they sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take the fugly ones!! they look delicious! I'm going to try these Sorren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perhaps if you simply dipped them and placed them on sprayed parchment paper on a cookie and then froze those, they would look more like chocolate covered strawberries?  and then when you take them out of the freezer you can drizzle some chocolate on them!  I dunno, I'm just guessing. I love the idea! I'll keep thinking of other tricks but I'd need to see the original to know the end goal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious!  I'm definitely going to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those strawberries look so delicious! What a fun snack idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen those on pinterest, and they sure do look yummy!!!

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com
    (Check out the giveaway I'm hosting this week!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)