Friday, April 13

Food Friday: Pad Thai


Mmmmmm that's right; I made pad thai.


Since I'm a rabbit I used mostly veggies... and a little tofu. I don't know about other bunnies but this one [aka. moi] likes a little tofu alongside her bok choy, green beans, red and green peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant and carrots. 


Do it right; use sesame oil- it makes all the difference. And let that tofu fry by it's lonesome for a little bit. I don't know what the deal is with tofu but it sure likes it's alone time... that or it just wants in the pan first so it can call top bunk before the rest of the party gets there. Everyone knows top bunk is prime and tofu is a rebel.

I then like to start the zucchinis, eggplant, onions and carrots frying 'cause there troublesome and like to dilly dally. Once they've softened a respectable amount I throw in the peppers and beans hoping that they will softened slightly, keeping a little of their crunch.


This time we used store bought sauce. I don't know why but every time I see a new President's Choice curry or sauce I just have to try it! I just think: this, this will be the one. And then everything I cook will taste just like Chabaa Thai and I, I will finally live the life I want to live - the one I was BORN to live. The kind of life where I eat thai food every night. EVERY NIGHT  I don't know why I still think this; I have already been disappointed too many times to count ...I just need to keep learning this lesson I suppose.

I digress. The sauce isn't that bad, it's just not as amazing as a fresh sauce made from fresh ingredients would be. I forget how much the bottle said to use but I poured half of it on top of all my veggies once I deemed them delectable. Next I stirred it real well, added the bok choy [I like it as raw as possible], added the pad thai noodles that I had boiled and topped it all with peanuts and cilantro... mmm, cilantro.

Then I ate. I ate it all. It's not a lie. Jack and I felt ill - this should have served 4.



Notes
Next time I will try making my own sauce. As tasty as this one was, it was pretty sweet and I would like to try my hand at it.
...and by next time, I mean in two times when they sauce we bought is all finished up.

Obviously I was very sleepy when I wrote this post. I hope you don't mind, but also I'm sleepy so I'm slightly indifferent to how this all turns out. Quite frankly I'm just proud I finished it.


enjoy your weekend everyone!







3 comments:

  1. Nice! I actually did a cooking course while in Thailand (doesn't every backpacker who goes there?) and I am happy to share that recipe with you- it is delish. Also I was taught to use peanut oil, not sesame, to fry the tofu as it heats at a specific temperature. Yours sounds tasty though! I may pull a copycat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this looks fantastic. I might give this a try this weekend. what a great mix of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yum!
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)