Friday, February 17

Food Friday: Grilled Veg Bagnat


This isn't the GIANT sandwich I've made, it definitely won't be the last and I won't share EVER large sandwich I make with you, but this one deserved some attention. When I posted my experimentation with Pan Bagnat my friend, Terra, commented how she had made something similar with roasted veggies, goat cheese, fresh basil and pesto. Yeah. That DOES sound delicious. I pretty much tripped over myself trying to make it ASAP!!!


The concept is pretty simple. Choose some of your favourite veggies, drizzle olive oil over top of them (1 - 2T), sprinkle with your seasoning (I chose salt & pepper), toss, lay flat on a baking sheet and then roast for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.


Next, slice your large baguette in half and dig out the majority of the bread and discard... or eat it bit by bit while you assemble the sandwich. Spread the pesto on one side and the goat cheese on the other, laying the basil leaves over top the goat cheese. Layer your veggies on the side that is the deepest and then put both sides together.

Technically, you could just go ahead and eat the sandwich right away ...but you shouldn't. Instead you should be super patient, wrap the sandwich in saran wrap and put it in the fridge with a weight on top (like a block of butter) and let it sit for 5 hours so the flavours blend.


Serve with a side salad or soup, or just continue eating through the entirety of the sandwich, forgoing any sides; either one.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo yummy! I've been on a vegetarian kick lately, so this sounds perfect :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)