Monday, March 31

MAKE NEW

Club Monaco blazer [similar] | James Perse tee | Vince jeans | Franco Sarto pumps | necklace c/o Pearls for Girls NA

It's a funny thing investing in key pieces - they too one day meet their fate. I bought this blazer about 4 years ago. It was one of my first big purchases and an immediate favourite. Unlike all those unflattering box-y blazers I had come to rely on, it fit like a glove. I'm not sure whether it was the boyfriend fit, or the Club Monaco style in general but dressing for the office finally made sense. I was no longer playing dress-up in my office wardrobe. This blazer had bridged the gap.

So. When I discovered HOLES in the elbows of my beloved blazer it's needless to say I was distraught. I had invested in this piece, it wasn't supposed to fade! I didn't even know I had boney elbows (lie) and that my elbows were grinding into my desk daily (lie) and that it could lead to holes in my darling blazer (truth). I was not ready to say good-bye so I popped out to my neighbourhood fabric store, grabbed some leather and fastened myself some leather patches. easy peasy and my blazer is back in business in time for spring... it's spring now, right?

3 comments:

  1. ah this is darling! i love the pants and the blazer is gorgeous!

    http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to get more wear out of your blazer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)