Thursday, September 20

Taking Advantage




Club Monaco blazer [similar] | lush dress | le Chateau peep toes [similar]

When . Tuesday, September 11th
What . Working.. again
Weather . Gorgeous, way too sunny

Something comes over me when my access to warm, sunny days is numbered. Suddenly, nothing matters but enjoying those raws, anyway possible - even when I've got to spend the entire day cooped up in an office building. 

On this particular day, I chose to celebrate the weather by reaching back into my summer-stash. Honestly, I could give a damn about seasons and changing styles when there is SUMMER to enjoy! Even though I passed the finger length test, I'm not entirely convinced that this dress was long enough for office. Lucky for me, the blazer and peep toes dress it up all professional-like and distract from that one iffy point.


10 comments:

  1. I think the dress is a great length, I wouldn't say it looks too short. I totally know what you mean, though, when you're walking around wondering if it's hitting you at the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I thought when I saw this post was , "wow! her hair looks amazing!!"
    Great post, too bad you were cooped up at work on such a nice day.

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous here, Sorren! I am convinced that there is almost no dress a blazer and ballet flats can't make appropriate for work (and these wedges totally fit that same thought process!) Such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Kate! It's funny how these wedges really are conservative enough to pull off the unassuming look of flats, while at the same time makin Something look dressier than any of my flats can. Haha now youve visited my thought processes.. Don't judge, it's Friday :)

      Delete
  4. I don't think it's too short. I read in Real Simple this month that mid-thigh is still appropriate for a business-casual office, as long as you're not wearing sandals and your arms are covered. Good advice, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is totally awesome advice! It actually makes me feel worlds better! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Soooooo cute. All of the pieces are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. double polka dots? double YESSSS! super love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)