Tuesday, July 3

Old to New





Lacoste polo | Katrina Tuttle dress [similar] | TOMS ballet flats | United Colours of Benetton bag
Anjolee tennis bracelet | Orange fizz polish by Chanel 

When . Wednesday, June 27th
What . Work and a trip to costco
Weather . Sunny and warm - huzzah!

I gotta say, few things make me happier than turning a dress into a skirt or a shirt -  it's like gaining an extra item in your wardrobe! Sometimes the transition even breathes new life into a piece and you fall in love with it all over again. 

All the wrong it did by you - all the times it fit awkwardly, or accentuated your food baby halfway through the night - washes away and you see it through sparkly, untainted eyes. You remember the only the good times you had, and imagine all the wonderful events to come. You feel oh-so-good and you couldn't imagine why you ever considered selling it off anyway... I mean it's so perfect right now. It'll never fit me wrong again, right?? Girls and pretty dresses were just made for each other.. And isn't that what life is about - everlasting, somewhat conditional, love? 


8 comments:

  1. I knew I was keeping my polo shirts around for a reason!  Great alternative for little dresses other than my usual "put a cardigan on it." Thanks for the style inspiration, my friend.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear! Dresses-to-skirts rock. I almost wore a black polo shirt today, but I couldn't figure out what to pair it with. Now I know...a cute skirt :) This outfit is so classy with the tennis bracelet and pearl necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://goo.gl/tW3mc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree, Sorren! I really need to wear my dresses as skirts more often :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the simplicity of this outfit :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby WinchesterJuly 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM

    loving the polo! i have one and never think to dig it out!!! am going to do so this eve! thanks for the inspo! also loving those flats Sorren... imagine they are super comfy yet so chic....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! :) Love your blog! I'm following you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have guessed that was a dress -- very cute styling. I also love those TOMS ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)