Tuesday, May 1

A Nautical kind of Business



Ellison blazer [similar] | Smart Set tank [similar] | Club Monaco pencil skirt [similar]
2Two belt [similar] | Chelsea Crew brogues via Ruche [similar]


When . Tuesday, April 24th
What . Training in Toronto [although photos were taken home in Dartmouth]
Weather . Colder than I thought it'd be when I planned this outfit & packed it

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big fan of training. Seriously, I completely nerd out. I love learning about a new company, how they operate, their values, their culture and the path that they lay out for success. I don't know what it is about it all but I just cannot get enough. 

So you can imagine how little I minded when last week when I had to head to Toronto for a portion of it. Since I was going to head office I wanted to look professional and pulled together [i.e. something other than my work-from-home leggings & cardigan]. I also needed to make sure I wasn't too over dressed to spend the day seated in a conference room, which is a definite danger since working from home provides very little to opportunity dress up. I think this all came together quite nicely and made me feel spring-ish enough to combat the upsetting weather of snow and hail happening right outside the boardroom windows.


Winner of last week's Shabby Apple Giveaway is...

Congrats! I've sent you an email :)



9 comments:

  1. Such a great outfit Sorren! I love that blazer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really loved wearing it since it was so comfy and dressy enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorite outfits of yours ... so put together ... love those shoes, you look really great!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. maddy and kenzieMay 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM

    Love this look! that blazer is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blazer is so cute...I have a weakness for stripes :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey.I love this!! I follow you & if you like follow me back! :)

    The Golden Bun | new post | follow me

    ReplyDelete
  7. The outfit is perfect and I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the transition famously!

    Yay all around :)

    Virginie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a big fan of training?! I've never heard anyone say that before! 
    Great shoes!
    --TS 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your jacket! love the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)