Tuesday, May 29

Bravery and Mullets





Tranquil Waves dress c/o Sugarlips | BB Dakota leather [similar] | MK sandals [similar]
Streetlevel bag [similar] | bracelets: derng & H&M | polish: OPI Charged Up Cherry & Flit a Bit


When . Thursday, May 24th
What . Post-work dinner-out
Weather . Overcast, humid and warm

I could not think of an instance of more perfect timing than when this dress arrived in my mailbox! Halifax was at the tail end of it's mini "heatwave*" and Jack and I were deciding where to grab some dinner. Obviously I may have over dressed a bit, but I couldn't help it; this little ditty was just too perfect when dealing with the heat! Had we been on our way to a more formal affair I would have definitely left this bag at home [no matter how great it fits Jack's camera] and swapped in a bolder, fancier necklace. ...and I'd obviously do something with that mop I'm currently calling my hair. 

I have been wanting to purchase a mullet [high/lo, waterfall] skirt for a while and this dress offered the perfect amount of party in the back! And even though this dress is definitely farrr more brave than my usually clothing choices, I loved how I felt wearing it. I already know how I'm going to style it next... hint: dressed down with brown accents!




*promptly put to shame by Ontario's real heatwave  

20 comments:

  1. These pictures are GORGEOUS! And that dress is fabulous! WANT. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so chic! love the dress....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress and shoes! Oh my goodness! So pretty!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so so perfect. Did you do something different with your hair? It looks AMAZING- seriously. Definitely not a mop as you call it! Superb look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the dress! and you look so pretty, Sorren! And I totally agree with Olivia, your hair looks different (and GOOD!) - is it because you grew out your bangs? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of reminds me of what Ariel wore in The Little Mermaid, the first time she stepped on land. I think it was a sail or something? But obviously, this is far cuter. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite posts of yours ever! You look gorgeous! So glam! The dress is perfect on you (and I've also been wanting to try out the hi-lo look!) and I LOVE the MK shoes! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely dress! You look so great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! I love this outfit, and your hair looks super awesome today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the orange bag with the blue is GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So in love with this dress!
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such an amazing dress!  Love the orange bag with it!

    Seize the Styles

    ReplyDelete
  13. why THANK YOU!! I also loved the pop and contrast AND the hot pink and orange nails were exciting against the blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU! It is because I've been growing it out for my wedding. I haven't had in cut in +6 months and I just no longer try to do anything with it - I'm glad it's working out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And there is a (so seductive) kind of effortless majesty in this dress, the way you flirt with it, I (shyly) must say Dear ("Wink from a kind aesthete") !

    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous dress! I love the way you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this look is amazing!! That dress is gorgeous, I would have worn it out straight away too - even if that meant being a bit overdressed haha :)



    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you look fab with that outfit. I loved those sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this dress! Really pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)