Wednesday, April 25

Featured :: The Kit

I interrupt our regularly scheduled Wedding Wednesday post to bring you a little something I've been keeping from you...
---------------------

Wayyyy back last November, I was contacted by the Kit to be one of the Kit Girls for March. To say I was incredibly flattered and extremely excited was a bit of an understatement - obviously, I accepted!

Well! At last my hard copies of the feature have arrived! That's right, folks, I can finally see this thing up close & personal AND, more importantly, I can finally share it with you. The article actually ran on March 21st which I was quasi-able to see via my Toronto tweeter friends but I couldn't very well share the news with you having only a half-visible instagram picture now could I?


Not going to lie, it was a little weird seeing it. I glazed over it, got excited, got slightly mortified, put it aside, picked it up, blushed, felt foolish, got excited and finally, read it. HOWEVER it wasn't all humble weirdness, it was also very exciting to see how well everything came together. How a chat with Lola Augustine, a photo shoot with Shaun Simpson and my own styling, hair & makeup [I know, I know -I'm a triple threat] all worked together to get this feature above into print.

Having shot and styled this back in December, it was also interesting to see what I thought I would be wearing this season [coughweatheroptimistcoughcough] and how my style has evolved and changed since then. Based on my blog lately, if I styled the look in March I would have likely drifted towards tangerine and stripes- my chiffon shirt with white jeans, or my tangerine jeans with my striped blazer - and I would have MOST DEFINITELY worn my nude pumps because, let's face it, I'm obsessed! 

All in all this was a fantastic experience and I can't thank Lola and The Kit enough for bringing me in for this. My only regret? Not smiling more! Even though it was cold out I have watched enough Top Model that I should have been able to manage a smile and smize to push through it all. I had a ton of fun and I would definitely jump at the chance to be able to do something like this again in the future! 

13 comments:

  1. How exciting! You look great in that photo Sorren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!  Congrats, Sorren!  That picture of you absolutely portrays the style you described--classic and simple with a dash of rock n roll.  Fa sho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Sorren! You are absolutely gorgeous in that photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! ...although I think they photoshopped all the cold off my face! hah

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww shucks thanks! I felt silly about the rock n' roll thing but "slightly edgy" just doesn't have the same ring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Katrina!! I feel like I look soo serious :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous and fun and have great style.  Color me not surprised by this awesome feature one bit. ;)  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! I'm (virtual) friends with a celebrity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to read about fashionable women on our east coast. Hope the wedding planning is going well. One of our staffers is getting married in July so it's fun to read other brides' stories. Can't wait to see photos of your Vera inspired dress!

    -The girls at Pavlyn
    www.pavlyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoop, Whoop! You are famous! You look fantastic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - seriously so fantastic! A very well deserved feature, and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great feature!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)