Wednesday, February 22

Review: HANA Titanium Flat Iron


Last month, when I was approached by Misikko to review the HANA Titanium 1.5" Flat Iron I didn't even have to think twice before answering: yes, yes! a million times YES!! This may seem like an over-the-top reaction, however if you knew grade-11-Sorren personally, the girl who often turned to an iron and ironing board, you would probably understand my excitement a little better. I have come a long way since those days, owning four separate flat irons [Hai 2 Ceramic Flat Iron, ISINIS tourmaline, Babyliss Pro nano titanium and most recently, a GHD], and I fancy myself a bit of an expert ...although I suppose I do still need to get my hands on one of those CHI Straightners before I can consider myself an ace.


When the package arrived I was immediately impressed by the detail and thought they put into the packaging.. the couple extra goodies weren't too shabby either!

Since I'm serious about flat irons, I needed to know this flat iron was serious about me (I know it's a little early in our relationship to be testing the waters however, at this age I don't want to waste my time if we're not a fit). Not going to lie, I did not go easy on this straightner. I curled my hair in the morning, wore it down all day long, put it a-top my head through the evening and finally let it down when I needed to start getting ready for my night out. 


PROS: I was a little wary about the 1.5" plate because I had grown quite accustomed to the 1" and loved how easy it was to handle. I had also grown to favour the ceramic finish and so the titanium plating made me a little nervous too. Once I began straightening however, my nerves were calmed. It turned out that I love the 1.5" plate! The extra room makes it easier to straighten larger chunks allowing me to finish my hair quicker. I also noticed that when using the HANA Titanium to straighten my hair I avoided the static that seems to accompany my GHD flat iron during the winter. Now I don't know whether this has anything to do with the fact that my HANA has titanium plates rather than ceramic however, I know that I no longer need to fear the unknown!

CONS: I did noticed that, when fully heated, the outside of the flat iron became considerably hot at certain areas. However, this wasn't much of an issue once I had this realization although I may have already scorched myself a couple of times by that time. The funny thing?? I didn't even consider turning it down or using any of the other temperatures available, I'm 400 or bust kind-of-gal, so I worked around it.


After all was said and done, I must say, the HANA Titanium Flat Iron is a great tool. I have owned some quality flat irons and it's definitely able to keep up. It worked quickly (under 15 minutes for my entire head), kept my hair smooth and didn't create any frizz or burn the tips. Obviously, every girl knows the true test of a quality flat iron is longevity and unfortunately I can't speak to that at this point. However, I will definitely keep you guys up to date as I find out!


*Disclosure:  I received this flat iron c/o Misikko. I was asked to test out the product and write a review of my experience, this review stays true to my own personal opinion. A big thank you to Misikko for allowing a flat-iron-aholic like me test out their awesome product!

1 comment:

  1. That looks handy :-) I'm an absolute flat iron virgin, but have often thought about finally getting one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)