Tuesday, January 24

Rebellion





Vince cardigan (similar) | Tulle oxford (similar) | Seven jeans (similar) | boots (similar) | Longchamps bag



As I mentioned yesterday, this past Sunday I attended podcamp Halifax.
It was a full day of lectures and sessions about social and digital media
and also, a fantastic way to spend a Sunday.

Jack and I have actually been waiting to attend since last January 
when I heard about it day-of through my facebook news feed!
Needless to say, I was excited 
...until I realized I would have to wake up before 8am.
Horrible really. I honestly almost backed out. 

Instead, I went to my closet and made some compromises.
Initially, I was aiming for a professional, I-get-shit-done kind of look,
but once I had begun to mourn my Sunday I dropped such pretenses 
and rebelled with a more relaxed, causal look.
I felt a little under dressed but overall didn't really mind;
my wool socks kept my toes toasty and my cardigan kept me comfy.



juuuuust noticed that top picture makes me look like I'm picking something... 
let's all pretend like it doesn't because I'm not up for reformatting another image :) Awesome.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like it was fun, and being comfy is always most important in my books!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wouldn't have noticed the top picture until you mentioned it. It adds character ;)
    Sounds like fun though! I wonder if there's anything like that in ottawa. I'll have to look into it. Cute look though! I like the socks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you look very put together, you're still wearing a button up. Very professional :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, comfy but classy. I love your striped socks sticking out of the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have worn sweats so in comparison you looked very professional! ;)

    I really like this look. It's a casual professional!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)