Tuesday, January 17

Real Work Wear


Humor sweater (boyfriend's) | shirt (similar) | American Apparel leggings (similar)| Steve Madden boots (similar)



Sorry about my scattered presence since the holidays. This January has been the craziest, busiest month I've experienced in a while. It was non-stop 9-5, 5-9 and weekends. Just nutty; something had to give. Since I had already begun a take-out diet and not eating altogether is not an option, my poor little blog and my blog reading got the short end. It's been tough. Every time I open my laptop I go straight for my google reader and try to catch up on some blog favourites, but then my brain butts in and ruins everything. Nagging me to put it away and get to work. That I'll have a chance to catch up once my application is submitted. That it'll be so much better then because I won't have a gnawing feeling reminding me that I'm putting off important work in favour of reading blogs and re-sizing photos. Stupid brain, doesn't it understand what priorities are?!

In any case, today we passed in our film5 phase to application and breathed a sigh of relief! I actually enjoyed all the hard work we put in and the thick stack of letters, proposals and notes that came of it. Being able to check off my list and know that we put every last bit of ourselves into this application was super rewarding. I think wearing comfy, hunker-down-and-get-it-done outfits added a bit of enjoyment to the process as well! I'm never as able to justify living in leggings and bulky sweaters than when I busting my lady-bees to get'er done. Now onto the wedding planning...

9 comments:

  1. First of all: that cardigan and bag? TO DIE FOR. Secondly: When are you getting married?? My big day is June 2 and I can't wait! I'm so glad I found your blog! You have a new follower :)









    peace&love, Jill
    Favor the Brave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing it! I can't imagine the stress it must have been to work THAT much, but I'm sure you feel amazing now! Have fun with the wedding planning :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your accomplishment!! Well done! You are rocking that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love the leggings and sweater. :)

    xx Jessica
    wbrjb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! And boot twins! which BTW, my boots are FINALLY fixed after sitting in my trunk for about a year.

    Glad you got the application all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang - Love at First ShoeJanuary 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM

    hope things start to slow down for you soon. Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great swear to steal, and I lurrrrve that bag, lady! I'm glad you got a chance to post, busy bee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you got those boots fixed - they are the best! I don't know if mine have another winter in them but I've got my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)