Thursday, December 29

Transitioning





Going back to work after Christmas vacation can be tough,
- really tough -
choosing the right clothing can help to ease you into the transition.
I try to balance dressy - to help me get focused - 
with comfort - so I can pretend I'm still at home 
in jammers watching up Friday Night Lights and eating bon bons.
Okay, so the bon bons are a little far-fetched but I've got loads of dino-sours,
chocolate, and pastries to keep me company so I'm all good.
Other great options to aid with the transition include dresses, jeans
and moo moos, if you've managed to wrangle some work-from-home time.


In other news, I went WEDDING DRESS shopping today! 
It was my first time, it was exciting and I am tuckered.
...but more on that later!

7 comments:

  1. You look great! I can't wait to hear about the wedding dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work wear this week consisted of large cozy cardigans and fur lined moccasins. I'm pretty lucky that my boss pretty much lets me wear whatever I want :) You look adorable by the way :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable and totally captured the relaxed-yet-dressy-back-to-work outfit. Yay for wedding dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!!!  How exciting!  I just got engaged last month and I have yet to go dress shopping but I am SO EXCITED to start!  As always, I am a huge fan of your oxfords!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought a pair of ivory stocks and am super psyched about wearing them now that I've seen your outfit.  I love this transition-out-of-vacation-back-to-work-outfit.  I can't pinpoint one thing that I like the most, the whole things is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute outfit. Never thought to wear ivory tights and now I'm convinced I need a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I want to go wedding dress shopping with you! We can carpool there ;) no but seriously I can only imagine how amazing you look in every dress.

    Now, transitioning back into life after the holidays is VERY hard. Luckily I took this week off of work this year but I can't even imagine what January 2nd is going to be like. I will have to bring a bag of dino-sours and chocolate to work to keep me company.

    And I love this cute preppy look! I hope you have an amazing New Years Sorren xo

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)