Thursday, December 1

Couldn't be!


Guess what, folks? I'm totally employable.
I know, it's pretty shocking. I mean, who knew?
In all seriousness though, I'm pretty excited about my new position.
I've taken the leap agency-side and am now working as 
an Account Coodinator at a brand and advertising agency in Halifax.
I think one of the key factors that drew me in was the promise of 
a new challenge and new learning experiences.
I have worked "client-side" since before I graduated with my Marketing degree.
First for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, a not-for-profit,
followed by a stint in the financial industry 
and, most recently, my marketing position in the defence sector.

I had never planned on moving company to company, or industry to industry however,
things have a way of not going as planned and I now love having multiple industry backgrounds.
I love having an understanding of the different markets, audiences and demographics.
I love knowing the subtle differences in how companies position themselves depending on these factors.
I really love wrapping my head around why one strategy or medium may really work 
for one company in a specific industry, and why it would fail miserably in another.
These are the nuances that make marketing an art.

This is why I'm excited to be in a new situation I've never faced before.

...the only glitch is that I need to find a new outfit photo strategy 
because day light is long gone by the time I get home, 
and mornings are just out of the question.

23 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, SORREN!! Your new position sounds super exciting, and I cannot wait to hear all about the cool new things you get to learn!

    Oh, I hear you on the outfit photo front. I usually find myself waking up at 7 just to brave the crazy winds & rain to snap a couple of pics before running out for work. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I'm so excited for you :) I know you'll rock the position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sorren! Thats great news to here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!  Sounds like an exciting opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!  i always knew you were awesomely employable!  good luck with your new job adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw schucks, thanks so much! It's nice to know the degree isn't going to waster :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrayy!! Thank YOU! 

    Oh goodness, you are very very good. I just cannot seem to make the morning work. Liz and I were talking about how we should take all our photos, during 1 hour and 4 outfit changes, on the weekend so we don't have to worry about it later on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem, with the occasional time off during the day when I can shoot. So I keep my clothes until the weekend and then we shoot all m week's outfits. And then I can do laundry. It works for me anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job!!! This sounds like a great experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so glad to hear that it's a good alternative from someone who already does it!!! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh congratulations! All the best to you at your new job ;)

    As for the OOTD photo's - my best tip is to find a spot inside with some awesome lighting. That's my plan until daylight starts lasting longer again.

    xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! So happy for you :)

    I've found that I have the same problem with outfit photos. If I manage to have time in the morning (a rare occurrence), I usually wimp out within seconds of stepping outside sans coat. I'm resigning myself to less-than-ideal indoor shoots for most of the winter, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so exciting! SO happy for you! I thought this entire time you weren't employable and it turns out you were ;)

    Haha seriously though congrats!!

    Melissa
    miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! If I work too late to get outfit photos during the week, I try to "stock up" during the weekend :)

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Sorren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I've been following your blog since the 30x30. I was sure you will get a job soon, you always seem & sound so professional to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is sometimes funny when things just happen even though they were not part of the plan. I think this new adventure sounds like fun and you will be great at whatever you do! 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)