Tuesday, November 22

Sock Buns & Oxfords


Joe Fresh sweater | Talula oxford | Rich&Skinny jeans (similar) | Ruche oxford | sockbun



Yesterday I showcased how to create your sock bun, today I show you how I styled mine.
As I said in my previous post, I find myself partial to pairing this bun with more formal attire.
However since it was daytime and the opera was all sold out, I went preppy. 
I have to admit, I really enjoyed the outfit. 
I loved how the pumps looked with the ankle jeans, and the sweater with the oxford.
It was warm, casual and pulled together all at once.
Full disclosure?
I was not a fan of the bun.
I like it in theory.
I like it when I imagine it styled formally.
I think I'd like it better if I still had my blunt bangs.
I just did not like it with this outfit.
It may be my own fault.
It may have something to do with the fact that I'm growing out my bangs
and I can't figure out how to manage them. 
Yeah, I can admit it
Or maybe I'm just having some sort of crazy day.
In any case, I'm saving my next test run for evening wear.

14 comments:

  1. of course we both have the exact same sweater! you look awesome, great idea to pair it with a blue oxford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, love the bun. Especially with this prep-tastic outfit you're sporting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might not like it, but I love your whole look!  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about the sock bun and have been too chicken to try it myself.  I think it looks great here, personally. I love your shoes!  Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, I LOVE it!  Especially how you used a side-ish part, instead of just pulling your hair straight back.  And with the classic preppy look, it's just ridiculously adorable.  And flattering for your face shape.

    Loving the denim/oxford blues here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You look great with the bun, and I think it goes nicely with the outfit. But an "evening" outfit would look super pretty with it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sock bun with this outfit! 
    Also, I just bought a sweater really similar to yours and might have to style it the same way you did. I wonder where my blue dress shirt is hiding...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta say I think the sock bun is actually pretty awesome. I think it goes really well with outfit. I think you should wait a couple more days and come back to these photos. I think you'll really like it then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously love this outfit! So into the preppy look with funky oxfords :) And I think your bun looks awesome with this outfit!
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, Sorren and blunt bangs, THOSE were the days...  ;)  I really like it with the menswear inspired outfit, actually.  Tres chic (I am annoying everyone with my faux French all day today thanks to you, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this whole outfit! I think the sock bun looks great on you, but I feel the same way about myself when I try to do one. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really looking forward to my hair being long enough to do this! I wonder if you'd like it more if you tried it with your bangs down, or with the bun higher/lower on your head - have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may try this sock bun thing now... hmmm...
    Also, love seeing Joe Fresh because I know immediately someone is Canadian and I get warm thoughts...haha. Go Canada!
    You look right pretty in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely! I keep seeing the sock bun and keep being wowed by the results. Plus, the sky-blue and cream color combo is kind of my favorite ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)