Friday, October 28

Contrast


LnA tee | Jack by BB Dakota leather | D.E.P.T. sweater skirt | Hue tights | Steve Madden boots (similar)



If you follow my twitter, you'll likely already be aware that I spent last weekend traipsing around my city, venue to venue, seeing bands for the Halifax PopExplosion. The big ones of on the list - Thee Oh Sees, Dog Day, No Joy, Titus Andronicus, Plants and Animals, Stars, Twin Shadow and Fucked Up (yes, that is actually the band's name). Unfortunately, we were not able to make it to all of them, but the shows we did see were fantastic and we even picked up a few new great bands to add to our watch list, including: Kidstreet, Southern Shores, and PS I Love You

I had an awesome time - even though I've been paying for it all week - and a lot of fun styling outfits for the different shows (which I know if very lame of me to admit). I wore this little ditty to the Twin Shadow show, Friday night, and it was perfect. Southern Shores and Kidstreet opened so there was A LOT of dancing and the flat boots and tee were perfect for keep me cool and comfy.

Tonight, Jack and I are heading to the valley to help my parents with some barn and yard work in preparation for next summer. We will be lazily watching movies in sweats trying to stay warm (my parents never turn up the heat and I spend ever visit trying to keep my toes form turning blue) -a far cry from my lively ways last weekend. I suppose it's a good thing though, since tomorrow night I'll be dressing up to celebrate Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Super want that skirt! Looks great on you.
    I've been meaning to DIY some old thrift store sweaters into skirts, so thanks for the reminder, I know you planned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great skirt!  Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Checking out new bands and live music are some of my favorite things!!

    You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)