Tuesday, September 20

Not-so Good Times



Joe Fresh top | Jack by BB Dakota skirt | Hue socks | Hunter wellies



Not going to lie folks, today was rough. It began with a parking ticket which I got while I was in a store getting change for the meter. Then, when I grabbed my coat out of the back seat after feeding the meter, a quarter fell out of my pocket. Too little too late quarter, nice try though. I left my car and did some downtown window shopping with Ruby (she got an AMAZING skirt), followed by some thai-food eating. Next, we hit the mall where I accidentally didn't stop for a pedestrian who was waiting to cross the street - he was hidden behind a van-cab, and since I don't have x-ray vision, didn't know he existed! So, I drifted through the crosswalk at a crawl and he called me a bad driver - he was still on the sidewalk.

Finally, I called this day quits and headed home. As I was driving down my one-way street, a woman came barreling up the street the wrong way towards me. I honked at her and pointed to the one way sign. Her completely rational response was to block my driveway and yell at me through my rolled-up window ...seriously!? It's a ONE-WAY street! I don't care what you have to say, that arrow is not suddenly going to disappear. How 'bout you check those crazy pants at home and layoff the nutty?

In other news, my hair has been attacking me in the night so say good-bye to it - I've made an appointment for tomorrow, although I haven't decided what to do with it yet. Since I will be getting married next summer I need to factor in my "wedding hair". Sadly, this means blunt bangs are out - I know, I'm bummed too - and I should keep it fairly long. 


Any hair-spiration (that is hair-inspiration, not hair-perspiration) caught your eye lately?

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your day has been a bit rubbish, at least it's almost over! I hope tomorrow is better for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, sounds like a horrible day :( Mine wasn't nearly as bad but I was pretty upset about it (it involved a headache and a run in with my scale... I swear it's a liar). On a positive note you look lovely in your skirt and wellies.

    I wish I could give hair cut advice but I have had the exact same hair for about 6 years. I am a hair cut scaredy cat. Can't wait to see what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures as always! What a bad day! I hate when people yell at others for something THEY clearly did wrong. Idiots. Hope your day gets better!
    I'm going to get the mop trimmed up today! I miss my bangs and it's time to get them back. Just not sure how dramatic I will go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man! That does sound like a trying day indeed! I hope it lets up! New hair usually helps. I love your wellies and red skirt, if that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! So fun, and that skirt looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting a new haircut always cheers me up. That coral skirt is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sorren, bad hair day or not, you look really good, I like you red Skirt and it's always nice to see you wearing your Wellies, don't let the buggers get you down.
    Kisses
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily your outfit is fab, so there's one good thing.

    I love the bangs, I'll miss them!

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! The wellies look adorable paired with that skirt! As far as hair goes, I am just trying to grow mine longer. I have been wanting to add bangs for a long time but not sure how they would look with my face shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, driving is always ridiculously stressful for me. The problem isn't my driving, it's the other people on the road who I can't predict that are the problem. So sorry you had a bad day, but at least that means that you have an excuse to put on your pajamas, make some popcorn, and watch a cheesy movie with no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! I have the same top and I love how you styled it with the red skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about all that driving craziness. I remember seeing your tweet about the woman on the one-way street. Nonetheless, the buttons on your skirt are totally adorable and I love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, sorry to hear about your shitty day! I hope tomorrow is much better :) Too funny, I just posted about my new pair of Hunters... they'll be perfect for the rain.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about your lousy day. Such a shame too because looking that adorable (stripes! red skirt! rainboots!) you deserved a lot better.

    I've been seeing a lot of styles with braids - should work for you during your wedding hair prep. Bet you'd look lovely with any braid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That day was not a good day. I can't believe all those things happened to you in one day! Especially the one-way street lady. I mean, seriously.
    Love your outfit though!
    And I'm curious to how your hair is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are the days I just want to jump back in bed and wake up the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)