Friday, September 2

Funemployment | Setting the Record Straight

I feel as though in last week's post I gave you guys the impression that I am some kind of goal-accomplishing machine - this needs to be rectified. I am more of a goal setting, reach for the stars machine. Although I organize myself, I must admit that on a day-to-day basis I rarely stick to my general outline. I use the outline not so much as a "must-do" but more as a way to ensure I stay on track, that I am able to accomplish between 50 to 75 percent of my daily goals.


HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THINGS I DISTRACT MYSELF WITH: 

paint my nails (over and over again), get my eyebrows styled, 
think about lunch,
lunch with Jack, lunch with friends, text, tweet, gtalk with Jack, 
purchase my skin care line (which my unemployed-self really should not be buying),
read my book (currently Rant by Chuck Palahniuk), daydream,
 think about dinner, 
read blogs, clean, have dance parties, putter around, pin itwatch repeats of Buffy
browse the interweb for items I shouldn't buy (but my family will, come Christmas!), 
do crafts, bake, and eventually paint my nails again.


So there you have it. No matter how good a gal's intentions may be, 
there's always something around to create a detour.
The key is to not worry and fret that you dilly dallied and instead, 
to just get back on track and focus.

11 comments:

  1. I think Buffy is a pretty important way to spend your time. After I finished applying to grad school a few years ago, I spent the next few months re-watching Buffy and reliving my youth. It was pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you are doing exactly what you are meant to be doing. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Some days I'm terrible at keeping track on my to-do list, but that's okay, there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting 50-75% of daily goals accomplished is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 0%! You show 'em up funemployment is taken care of!

    also, i'm loving the one bright nail in your top photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love this list. And as I'm smack dab in the middle of my funemployment, I can DEFINITELY relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're doing fine. Love these photos and post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never felt closer to you than when I read the words "think about lunch" and "think about dinner." MAN, does that suck up like aaallll of my brain power. I don't eat to live, I LIVE TO EAT.

    How was Rant?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post totally made me lol. daydream, think about lunch,think about dinner.. that's basically my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to screen print that saying onto canvas and hang it in my kitchen because BOY is it TRUE.

    I'm only about halfway through but so far I'm really enjoying it. I found it a little hard to get into because it's written as an oral biography which I'm not used to. I can't wait to read Fight Club though (the only other books of his I've read are Survivor and Choke)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think so too!! Aim for 100 but don't beat yourself up if you fall short - they are, after all, personal goals.

    And that is my accent nail and it's my new favourite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, anytime I re-watch the Buffy series is a good time. She is the best... actually she gets a little obnoxious by the end but I still like her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)