Friday, September 23

Funemployment | Odd Jobs and Reject Round Up


Although most of my time is dedicated to obtaining full time employment in my field, I also realize that the job search can be a lengthy process and the right prospects aren't always immediately available. Because of this, and the fact that I have a wedding to save for, I like to keep my eyes open for odd jobs - opportunities to make some cash that aren't long term. These snippets of work allow me to save the money I need while still having the time I need to focus on the job search. 

Today and tomorrow I am working for a few hours as an extra or, if I were any kind of actor, "background performer", on a TV series being filmed in Halifax. Since photographs are absolutely forbidden on set (I've got the email to prove it - they are serious) I cannot share with you the excitement of my day... you got it, the craft services table. Instead I leave you with these beauties that were left on the cutting room floor. I just thought it was high time the dark underbelly of personal style blogging was brought into the light, enjoy.


I don't care if you're taking my photo, if I wanna eat a lemon, I'm gonna eat a lemon.

Pop a Squat

Off to the right, a verrrry scarrrrry gh-gh-gh-GHOST!

RAAAHHHHH!!!!..... I just have so much to SAYYYY!!!

Under-roo adjustment break

What? This is how I look every time I pull up my pants.

My eyes are closed because I don't want to see my smile.

I might, just might, be part gerbil.

I'm ever so lost... please help me find my mommy

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha, thanks for this, Sorren! It brightened my very rough day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help, rough days are so not fun. I hope everything looks up for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I love this. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha just had a great laugh! I literally have an entire folder of photos like these bahaha (good luck with the job hunt-been there!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is adorable. I especially like the "pulling up my pants" picture. Good luck with the job hunt. Looking for the right job is a full-time job in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he! What a funny post!! I love the ghost picture, priceless!

    Some one told me the other you have to be pretty self absorbed to take outfit pics daily but on the contrary I think you have to be pretty humble, as there are many more pics we look like gerbils than cute ones sometimes!

    An odd job can be fun too, you never know what door it might open! Being an extra is kind of cool too!

    Hope you have a great week Sorren!

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute random photos. Love your outfit on the bottom, especially.
    That is so cool that you're working as an extra! Awesome. Hopefully afterward you'll be able to tell us what project it was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Don't we all have them! I can see why you're perfect marriage material though! Great pictures :-D

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic post! LOL love seeing the outtakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)