Thursday, September 15

Farmer in the Dell

Today it was hot. Like middle-of-summer hot. I was very excited, so excited in fact I psyched myself out while choosing what to wear this morning. I became so over-whelmed by what my last-summer outfit of the summer would be that I missed my ferry. And then I missed the next one. And the next. Finally, torn between the grey tee with this skirt, and the shorts with this shirt I fled my house, and indecisiveness. 

Looking at the photos I like the casualness of what I stumbled upon. What I am not really a fan of is how I forgot about the sun factor and discovered my very own farmer's tan last night before bed. Something I have managed to avoid for about 3 years! You're just going to have to take my word on it though because that is too much skin for the interweb (I'm no Scarlett Johansson). On the plus side, the warm weather is dwindling so I likely wont have to showcase my two-tone shoulders.

In other news, I'm a regular ol' Gretchen Grundler now… at least that's what Jack told me when he saw me in my brand new specs last week. I didn't intend to copy Katrina of the Demure Muse so exactly, but when I checked to see which ones she owned against the ones I ordered I found out that I'm a no-shame copycat. Hopefully she'll forgive me :)


Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an awesome pack of hair care products!

15 comments:

  1. SORREN!! I LOOOOOVE those Derek Caridgan's on you! You look GORGEOUS!
    I'll have to show you the cateye frames... they arrived in the mail just before I moved. Maybe we can be cateye frame twins? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I am seriously stalking the clearly contacts site for their next free lens promo so I can get a pair of cat eyes!

    The only issue is I get nauseous when I wear them! I think it's because my eyesight is so poor that the 1.5 lenses don't work so well... we'll see, I'm going to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes where a great choice. So cute. The glasses look adorable on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have covered this in another post, and if so, I apologize for asking, but how do you curl your hair? I always want mine to look just like yours does in this post, but never have much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep checking the CC facebook page! That's where they usually announce the free glasses codes :)

    I'm in the same boat as you for the nauseous feeling when wearing the glasses. I have a pretty light prescription, but I always feel like I'm in a bubble or something for the first 5-10 minutes I wear the glasses then I'm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great look! Very casual indeed. I love the tennies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely adoring your glasses! They look really great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those glasses! I am on the hunt for new ones and I like how you wore them with completely wearable outfit. This could be my weekend uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew what skirt you were considering before I even clicked on the link haha! I really like the outfit you chose in the end though, there is just something about dark grey that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will! That's so strange about the nauseous feeling. I don't like knowing other people are also feeling sick but I do like knowing I'm not alone. I'll try to get past the 10 minute hump and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I don't think I ever have done a post on this! I will definitely put something together that goes into detail BUT in the meantime, I use a 1 inch flat iron to curl, and I pull down rather then curl to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahah too funny! I definitely agree that this one worked out in the end... even though that skirt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)