Thursday, September 22

Attempting


Jack by BB Dakota leather | Banana Republic sweater (similar) | Smart Set tank | Gap skirt | Steve Madden boots



Saturday night, Jack and I met some friends for dinner at Q Steakhouse and then headed to the Seahorse for the Japandroids show. However, before we leaving the house I ransacked my closet (and made a HUGE mess) trying to choose what to wear. Which, is how I stumbled upon this outfit! It was really quite exciting. I put it on. Made a few tweaks. Realized it could work, then took it off and kept looking. Although it was a great outfit, it really wasn't meant for nighttime, unless of course I had paired it with booties but that was not in the cards - far too much walking going on to accommodate that.

This outfit is my best attempt to copy what I deem to be an AMAZING outfit that I saw the other day while I was out. It's an alright go of it, although the pieces I own just are not going to be able to accomplish exactly what I want. The look was comfy, effortless, refined and girly all at once. I loved it so much I wished I was a street style blogger so I could have taken a photo of her without it being creepy... because otherwise, it would have been very creepy. Until then I will just have to lust after the outfit that could be, if only I weren't in the midst of a shopping ban - although, for the right sweater, I may lift the moratorium. 

What I did wear Saturday night...
Jack by BB Dakota jacket | Gentle Fawn top | Rich & Skinny jeans | Steve Madden boots

10 comments:

  1. Both of these outfits are adorable I love the tops on each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your outfits! So cute. I'm new to your blog, and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love the outfit, but the background of these pictures is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECT transition outfits! I love the pointelle sweater with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks!! I was having a tough time figuring out whether it was a great pairing, or if I was delusional and forcing them together

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweater of the first outfit! Such a neat cut out pattern. Also I do the same thing, I'll throw around everything to figure out what to wear sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Jacket, your blouse and your boots! Well, pretty much all your ensemble! very chic, Love! and you have such a nice Blog :) I hope you'd drop by my site too if you have the time!

    Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen - H&M Leather Bands Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swooning over those boots! They're so versatile, they look great with both outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thanks so much! And thanks for taking the time to comment, I love knowing that you're enjoying what I'm putting out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done! You look great! that sweater is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)