Monday, August 22

Summery Summer Sun Dresses


D.E.P.T. dress | BB Dakota crop jacket | American Apparel belt | Steve Madden flats | United Colors of Benetton bag |


One major perk of not having to go to a 9 - 5, is not having to dress for the 9 - 5. Seriously, I spent the first week completely baffled by the newfound freedom of my closet. Now that I'm into my third week I've gotten a little more into the swing of things and am taking full advantage of finally being able to wear all my summer dresses on a regular basis. Although it's awesome it is also disconcerting and I have definitely found myself needing a mid-day costume change because it just feels so wrong to feel so free.

I picked up this dress from Sweet Pea at the beginning of August during their summer sale - a DEPT dress 50% off?? Yes, please! That is exactly the sort of thing a gal should be looking out for. Speaking of, have I introduced you to my two new pairs of lovelies?? I stumbled upon a sale at John David shoes a little while after the Sweet Pea find and hit the jackpot - two hawt pairs of MICHAEL Michael Kors heels! Although these babies are not from the fall line, they are definitely going to transition well and they were both 70% off! No lie.


14 comments:

  1. I love the closet freedom of not working a 9-5 job too! That's partly why I'm itching to go back to school this semester... Is that sad? haha

    And those shoes are soooo fabulous. I love the ones on the right. Lucky you for finding them at such a good discount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! Love how you paired it with the short sleeve jacket!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that dress

    ~Ta,,y
    www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah those heels are to die for and 70% off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm.....LOVE Michael Kors shoes. That curvy pair with the studs is super dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Outfit!! You Look Gorgeous in this Lovely Dress!! Lovely Color Combination of your adorable dress!! Simply Loved Michael Kors shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely summer outfit! You look so happy, is that the freedom or the bargain shoes? Haha!
    The pair on left are right up my street, they would look great with a super feminine dress perhaps?

    Sometimes a little bit of freedom is exactly what you need! I have to wear the same boring (and completely unflattering!!) uniform to work everyday. I leave full-time work for college next month and oh my gosh i am so so so excited to be able to wear my own clothes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with those shoes!!!! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great deals, those shoes ARE hot! I love the detailing of that dress, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome!xx Tanja http://neverdreamedaboutthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i know. they are technically half a size too small but I DO NOT care, they are the ultimate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I have been in a uniform-situation before. Black pants, white shirt (not so bad), nova scotia tartan cummerbund and bow tie (horrific). I am so happy for you and your return to school and wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's exactly what stood out to me!! The trim on the bottom is so delicate, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sun dress, it's suitable for you, I like the color, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)