Thursday, August 25

How to Dress Professionally... but not TOO Professionally


Club Monaco blazer | Jack by BB Dakota top | Elements jeans | MRKT wedges / Franco Sarto flats


Although I'm no longer in the office, some of the things I do still require me to dress professionally. One of these instances is when I attend my resume workshops. Even though I am not heading to a nine-to-five job (and therefore technically could dress like a hobo if I so pleased), these workshops are potential networking opportunities; you can never be sure who people may know, and if those connections are hiring. That said, it is important balance between dressing professionally and strutting in wearing full, three-piece suit complete with carnation. Sometimes wearing a tuxedo, or full office attire (for those less audacious folks out there), to an informal workshop may come off as unapproachable, stuffy or just plain nutty. Therefore I keep it real, business casual style, or snappy casual as Kelsey would put it.

5 comments:

  1. This is basically how my office attire is, and it can be tricky being business-like but not TOO fancy! So props for making it look so effortlessly chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this a great take on almost professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the perfect mix. Go the snappy casual!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    talking all things French

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, a perfect look for you and any kind of well-deserved opportunities headed your way! Great sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)