Wednesday, August 10

The Height of Class

Not sure if this is kosher but I swapped out a forgotten piece for my last outfit. I realized early last-week that I had yet to wear the grey tee I initially included in the challenge. Rather than work it in for the last outfit (which likely would have been this one) I decided to be more exciting, throw in a light summer dress and try to style it for the office. Since I recently took the plunge and began styling dresses as shirts the challenge wasn't as terrifying as it would have been a month ago. 


Pink Martini cardigan | 2Two dress | BCBG skirt | Club Monaco belt | Franco Sarto pumps


Look at me. Sharing my secrets with you folks in the classiest way possible. Seriously guys, I told ya' I'm all kinds of fancy, especially when disclosing my deepest and darkest. We should also all note that I have used dresses as shirts thrice in my last seven outfits and should therefore be considered obsessed and dangerous. Ladies, lock up your dresses, I'm on the prowl.

Before even trying on the pieces together I knew that logically the pairing should look fantastic, the only wild card was if there would be major bunching under my skirt from the tiered bottom of the dress. Well, the photos are in and there doesn't appear to be any unsightly bunching. Throughout the day, especially when prolonged walking was involved, I would feel the dress shift and gather causing me to take cover in a washroom and fix myself, but that's a small price to pay for a *new* shirt.

17 comments:

  1. This dress/top is beautiful - gimme gimme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for another 30 x 30 - you're a pro! I love what I thought was a top and loved it even more when you revealed it was a dress. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!!! You made it! Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You finished! Love this top, very cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the challenge! What a great way to end it! :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally did some swapping for my 30 items. It's your challenge...everything's kosher :) The dress looks fantastic as a top, excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These challenges are good at getting you to think outside the box huh? I love being able to use something, like you cute dress, as something else. It makes me feel like I accomplished something grad even though it is only clothes. I'm not a fan when things move around after I am so proud but it's worth it to be fun and creative.
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing! And you so classy with the last picture :)

    I absolutely love this dress. but you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like that you worked dresses into your remix by throwing skirts on top of them. absolutely GENIUS!!

    I love the detailing of your dress too. Is that a huge zipper that runs down the front of the dress?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea, the outfit looks cute! I yet have to try wearing a dress as a shirt. One of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It stops right at the waist where you see it stop, but that's a good thing, who knows the ways my clumsy self would accidentally get into trouble if it was the whole length of the dress

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha oh that last one was allllllll for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I totally agree! It makes me feel accomplished too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much! I'm actually already excited for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You. are. right! my challenge, my rules!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)