Wednesday, July 13

Summer Bummer

It's official. The weather in June was actually traumatic. It rained today. Apart from 2 - 3 other instances of rain, July has been fairly dry, sunny and hot - all the ingredients necessary for perfect summer weather. Considering that my apartment has not budged from the 85 degree mark for the past two weeks you'd think that I'd be happy for a little relief. Not so. I started having full fledged flashbacks filled with grey skies, food, mist, rain and sniffles. My palms got sweaty and my demeanour turned cranky. I really think I need to consider moving to Tucson, I know Dana Marschz didn't think too highly of it but conservative boredom is a small price to pay for constant sun.


Club Monaco blazer | Kensie blouse | Club Monaco slacks | Franco Sarto pumps | anirtak necklace | watch from Biscuit


I imagined this as looking much nicer and pulled together than it turned out. I think the semi-ironed slacks definitely took away from the sleekness - as did my overgrown mane. I haven't given up my idea of pairing this shirt with my skinnies for a dressy, casual-Friday get-up so my guess is, for this shirt anyway, 3rd times a charm.

8 comments:

  1. As much as it saddens me to admit it, I guess we really ARE two separate people. We got rain today too and I LOVED IT. Oh man, it made my month, it felt so good! I never wanted you as a twin anyway, you would always be known as the cute one (evidence: see above).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never noticed your exposed brick wall? Now I'm jealous of your bangs AND your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with "conservative boredom is a small price to pay for constant sun". The desert isn't too exciting, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, love the print on that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that necklace! And your lovely brick wall. Hang in there with the weather. We've had a somewhat mild summer in NYC too (knock on wood), but then there's always August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print on that top...great outfit...very cool necklace, love nature motifs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous! I think this outfit is great! I definitely thought it looked put together. I really like the blazer and the top.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the blazer pulls everything together. I think your hair length is perfect; not overgrown at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the print of the top, too. It looks really good in this outfit - I quite liked the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)