Wednesday, July 6

A Sewing Machine for Rocks

You know what's super fun and puts me in a fantastic mood? Being woken up at 6:30am by the construction crew arriving for their day and driving their trucks up our road. It sounds like they are using giant sewing machines to sew together rocks. The road above our building is being torn up so natural gas lines can go down. Guess what? I do not care for natural gas, I care for sleep. I know I usually wake up at 6:45am and should use this opportunity to get an earlier start on my day but I just. don't. want. to. I want to squeeze every single last minute out of my morning. My bed is so comfy and my pillows so soft. My comforter spends all day missing me while I'm working, the least I can do is attempt to spend a little extra time in bed every morning.



Jacob blouse | Club Monaco belt | BCBG skirt | Franco Sarto skirt | Black Shatter OPI over-top Tickle My France-y



I like the colour of this shirt, it's breezy and cool... like cool summer breezes (please see above for an explanation regarding my sleepiness and lack of adjectives). The only downside to the shirt is the sleeves are super tight on my arms, I don't know what their deal is. Also, I may have gotten some pen on it in two places and an odd stain from trying to clean the pen off with shout.. it's barely noticeable though - at least it wasn't very noticeable when I put it on this morning.

9 comments:

  1. I definitely understand wanting every second of sleep possible! I hate getting woken up early, it just messes with your whole day, even if it is only a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! It's always so classic and timeless. Hmmm, I'm trying to be sympathetic to your morning problems, but considering a 6 am wake-up almost makes me late to work...okay, okay. I guess I have to look at it as being woken up at 5:45 by construction...and that would suck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! It's so crisp and professional. The balloons are so fun :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ug, is there anything worse then construction crews in the morning? On the flip side that shirt does look amazing on you, and I adore that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hhah, ermmm yes... I suppose I shouldn't complain since I am pretty lucky for my travel and start time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! They're batman themed colours ...from Jack's birthday. I may have gotten a little excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this business chic look-great idea with the balloons! My cat is my wake-up call but he is a lot more gentle and sweet than construction noises! How neat that you're from Dartmouth, NS- I'm from Cole Harbour! I live in Ottawa now but I miss Rainbow Haven beach so much! I'm also a fellow remixer- what a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog
    like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm
    not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

    Here is my weblog - breakfast catering nyc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)