Sunday, July 10

Lace, waves & brogues

Talula shirt | 2Two belt | Rich&Skinny jeans | Locale brogues | Necklace from Biscuit 


There's something about lace, brogues and gold that just works oh-so-well in my opinion. I will definitely be wearing this one on repeat throughout the summer, occasionally swapping out the jeans for shorts (not in the office of course).

I am slowly but surely expanding my jewelry collection. Up until grade 7 I was decked out with multiple rings and bangles when I suddenly decided none of it was for me. Since then I have become wary of the bling and even let my pierced ears grow over. Not too long ago I began to warm to jewelry and buy a few key pieces, even more recently I have become comfortable enough to move outside my go-to style and explore what else is out there - gold rather than silver, simple pendants instead of chunky pearls. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't but I am excited to keep this up. If you have any ideas, or suggestions of styles you think I'd like let me know, I definitely need a few more experienced opinions.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm totally going to be on the lookout for classic jewelry for you! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous lace shirt and i love how you paired it with gold! and i've been growing my jewelry collection too with some statement necklaces. i love the ones from Amrita Singh!

    cute & little
    Tru Luxe Jeans Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your minimal jewellery suits you beautifully! But maybe it's just me, I'm always wary of wearing "too much" and easily feel like a Christmas tree. I do adore the look on others though, and I can't shake the feeling I should really give it a try :-D I don't know how though, thoughtlessly piling it up sure won't help, lol!

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your hair naturally wavy like that? It looks lovely! I'm way jealous (mine is stick straight and barely ever decides to hold a curl). As for jewelry, my collection has grown over the years. It's nice to have a mix of some fun costume jewelry (think, Forever 21...but not sure if y'all have that in Canada) but also some nicer pieces. I'm really into semi-precious stones like blue lapis, amber, malachite, etc. You would look so nice in some amber!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)