Monday, July 4

Greenery, Ducks and Lanterns

First of all, Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends to the south!

Not too long ago I saw Green Lantern. I had heard the reviews but it was cheap Tuesday, plus Jack and I had resolved weeks ago that we would be going. Although the movie itself wasn't ground breaking - mediocre special effects, awkward flow of scenes, and obvious plot line - I disagree with where the blame is being thrown. It was NOT Ryan Reynolds' fault. And no, I am not biased because RR is handsome and Canadian, giving Canadian a good, handsome rep wherever he goes. I may, however, be biased because Two Guy, a Girl and a Pizza Place accompanied me through Junior High and into High School, and root for those Guy 1, Girl 1 and RR day in and day out. 


Pink Martini cardigan | Kensie shirt | Rich&Skinny jeans | Locale brogues

This is one of those outfits that feels like it looked much more awesome on than later when I took a look at the photos. I love the pattern of this shirt, this shirt was actually one of my first-ever patterned pieces. Not a day goes by that I regret money spent on this shirt. I do curse it's zipper weekly but have finagled a way to flatten my chest and shimmy-on in that allows me to disregard the zipper completely. I feel as though the jeans, shoes and shirt weren't enough to dress up the cardigan in a way that would bring the class. I think the outfit looks much better without the cardigan however, its absence would demote the attire from casual-day appropriate to weekend-wear (spaghetti straps really just do not work amongst the cubicles). Perhaps the jeans, shirt, blazer and pumps would be a more sleek pairing next time... 

In other news... BABY DUCKS!

11 comments:

  1. Adorbs! Loving seeing you in color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are fantastic. I love the little floral print on the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to get my hands on this "guys and girls plus pizza" show. Never seen it (gasp!). I think florals and those oxfords doth a fabtastic outfit make, no matter what. You look baby duck kinda good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! I used to watch that show and loves RR in there too! This is pretty awesome that you used to watch it because no one ever knows what I am talking about. :)

    Love your jeans!

    Vera
    http://onelifetoshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely should although I'm going to let you know that if my memory serves me right this show wasn't a hidden gem, like Party Down or Arrested Development, but it was fun and RR was handsome. Oh grade 8 Sorren, handsome is not always enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! We're few and far between but definitely should make an effort to bring 2Guys, a Girl and a Pizza place back into the limelight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shoes! I sometimes feel the same way: my pictures don't show how awesome the outfit was in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this outfit! AND the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! It's simple, chic and that top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those brogues and that necklace win at life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! The pattern is great, and I love how you paired it with the oxfords :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)