Friday, July 15

from Dresses to Jumpers



Jacob blouse | Katrina Tuttle dress | 2Two belt | Locale brogues | anirtak necklace


I'm not quite sure why this is, but the minute I layer a blouse under a dress 
I'm immediately transported back to the schoolyard, 
gimp in hand, ready to make some friendship bracelets 
-scratch that, loads of friendship bracelets. 
It's not what you think, I didn't have loads of friends I just liked perfecting the art of gimp. 

I suppose it doesn't help that I paired the dress and blouse with brogues 
(just the kind of shoe most elementary schools with a uniform dream of) 
but once again I felt the hemline - sans tights - was juuust a little too scandalous 
to be worn with pumps in my office.

All things considered I really did enjoy the outfit 
and I suppose that this whole ensemble could have driven me straight 
to alf pogs in the hall at recess, had tights been included.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great outfit- I love the pattern of the dress and how you layered a blouse underneath. I think you look like a sexy schoolteacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are fantastic- they look perfect with your dress.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern of that dress is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienna McDermottJuly 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM

    Love this! I love the layering and mix of colors, and those shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, layered blouses and dresses send me right back to first grade. this is such a departure from wool plaid though, it's fantasticly awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)