Thursday, July 14

Four Eyes

I guess the secret is out - I have poor eyesight. This is not a new development. I got glasses in sixth grade after my teacher accused me of copying. Suck to your ass-mar tomato-face, I just couldn't see the math problems on the board. Besides, I so got to the twelve-times-tables before 90% of my class, ergo my life as a mathematician was obviously set - why would I ever copy?


GAP shirt | Club Monaco blazer | RW&Co skirt | Club Monaco belt | Franco Sarto pumps / Jules&James flats |
Vogue Optical specs (I'm chic like that)


I'm really beginning to realize my hair needs a trim, or I need to learn how to style it for the office and master some chic up-dos. I just felt like it was all up in my grill running my life today, so now it must be tamed. On the other hand this uncomfortableness could be attributed to the fact my eye is swollen and I feel out of my element - no worries, I got it checked and it's not pink eye, my guess is loose powder.

The outfit itself was a good one. I really liked the pairing of the brown and pink pin-stripe skirt with the mauve top - so business-feminine.  Additionally, the absence of the blazer and swap of shoes created a completed different feel so maybe I should get credit for two outfits here... hmm I'll wait until the last five and collect if I really need it.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you take your flats with you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a four-eyes since Grade 4. At that time, it was also my teacher who noticed I was squinting. No false cheating accusations, though (thank the good Lord).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt!

    xo Teresa
    www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glasses are so cute! I love the detail on your top as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in glasses! I'm blind too. I have some cute glasses but they are so old I can't see out of them. Bummer.

    Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feelin' the love in the four eyes club, for sure! I was so sad when I couldn't sit at the back of the room without glasses anymore.

    Have you ever tried putting your hair in a bun at the top of your head? I've seen a bunch of other bloggers do this and I absolutely love the look of it! I think you'd be able to rock it in the office chic dept ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me out of my lurker status with your LOTF reference. You're even more amazing than I ever thought possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I was hoping someone would understand that reference, it's one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely in the mood for some thicker rimmed, ray-ban-esq specs so your new ones totally made me envious.

    As for the bun, I've totally done that on the weekend and loved it but am nervous to wear it to work... I should stop being silly though and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww jealous... your teacher was obviously wayy nicer than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! So perfect for the office. Probably going to bookmark this for a copycat in the future, someday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)