Saturday, July 2

Featured!



I am just so excited! I absolutely needed to tell someone, so obviously the first place I turn should be the inter-web. This way I can tell everyone instead of just someone (I really hate choosing). 

Last Sunday I was walking along Spring Garden, minding my own business when a girl stopped us on the street. I had been checking something on my phone and before looking up had thought that this person was about to ask to borrow it. When I looked up I realized she wasn't the sort to make a request like that, so it obviously really important for her to borrow it. I had started to slightly extend my hand when she introduced herself as Danna Storey, the blogger behind Youlookfiiine, a local street style blog and asked if she could take my photo. (The funny thing is I had actually become aware of her blog just a few days before through Halifax Jazz Fest tweets, and was planning to check her out.) 

All my cool-ness flew out the window. I became a big, flattered nerd. I was just so excited to meet a fellow blogger (this has never happened) and flattered that she considered my look good enough to shoot, that I started yammering on and  accidentally gave her the impression that I wanted to decline (yes, I know, I am quite the word-smith). I quickly rectified that mis-step and she took a few photos while I awkwardly tried to ignore that there were actually people walking by and we were under a deserted bridge. I also answered questions like a pro, and by pro I mean stood there agape with empty space between my ears because I was so excited I couldn't think straight. It's true guys, I have a tendency to choke. (Sorry if I was on your sports team between grade 6 and 9 though, I also like to share aka give the ball to the other team when I think my turn is up.)

So you should have a look, and also spend some time with her blog she finds some pretty fantastic inspiration around Halifax and beyond.



12 comments:

  1. Whee! Congratulations :-) I'd probably act exactly the same! I've seen your outfit on her blog and I love it - classic, simple and flattering. My kinda style ;-)

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I'm new to your blog, but can see why any blogger would be happy to feature you :)
    also, happy Canada day (belated, but still)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Thats so awesome :)

    xo Teresa
    www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah that's so cool! I checked it out you look adorable and simple/elegant. The white pants are awesome and so it your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a newbie here and I am loving it!
    Please stop by and enter our Lulu*s Giveaway We'd love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally used to pray (to God) that the girl batting before me would strike out so I wouldn't have to go up to bat. I don't think he answers stuff like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we played basketball together in grade 6/7. I didn't think you were too bad. But then again I was terrible so who am I to judge lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! I can't wait to repeat the outfit.... maybe with wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, he never helped me out in a jam either. Does wishing I don't ride my bike into a pole count as a jam???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one who cannot maintain my cool-factor when it counts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I'm excited to check out your blog too :) and Happy belated Canada Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)