Tuesday, July 12

Everybody. Everywear: Yellow

I learnt something quite amazing this weekend at a post-wedding BBQ. Now before I begin, you must understand I have always considered myself a bit of a snacking pro, creating elaborate nachos and recognize the necessary balance needed between the four major snack groups (chips, chocolate, candy and something with cheese) during larger events - but in all my days I have never stumbled upon this.  

While alternating between strawberries and melon I eyed a bowl of plain ruffles (my all time favourite dipping chip). Not too long after, some fruit dip arrived and I immediately started dreaming of creamy fields of herb and garlic, but since that wasn't reality I returned to my respectable helpings of fruit. Then, out came a cheese and cracker tray, cheese is my weakness. After we all demolished the gouda, lonely little cheddar blocks were left all alone sans crackers. Me, with a handful of chips in hand and very little sleep in the bank grabbed the cheddar and shoved it in along side my chips.

Oh. My. God. It was the ULTIMATE cheddar flavored chip. And so begins the rest of my life...



Smart Set sweater vest | Club Monaco blouse | BCBG skirt | Franco Sarto pumps


Yellow is fantastic. Yellow is the colour of sunshine, happiness and tan skin... even is your skin is not that tan. I may even own a pair of yellow sheets so I can pretend I'm tan in the winter, but you didn't hear that here. 




Yellow | Everybody, Everywear

23 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm going to have to start adding cheese to my chips!:) Love that yellow vest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pairing of pale yellow and black, and your cute leaf necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your 30 for 30 pieces had a piece of yellow floating around in there too!

    I also cannot believe you managed to sneak in a post about cheddar dip with the EBEW yellow theme. What a sneaky, sneaky (but super clever) pairing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great; very classic but still fresh. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. monica and whitneyJuly 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM

    Amazing sweater vest! I love it!

    asktheduplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you! I thought I owned a lot more yellow than I do, it's actually from 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hhaha I'm so happy you enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely should... except i think it'll be dangerous. I'm immediately cutting cheese off my grocery list for my own protection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I feel as though it was daring... I feel as though few people appreciate this level of snack food the way we do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheese is everyones weakness! Haha! Love the yellow top. Your overall out fit is classic and simple. Love it!

    xo,
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why thank you! I'm happy it didn't cross into bumble bee territory!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is hard to pass up cheese! I like the vest and pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, that vest is so cute! Secondly, I'm really hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vest. Quite a fan of vests ... & your 30 for 30 looks like it's going swimmingly!

    Kelly @
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling EBEW! Your ourfit is so professional and put-together - but very fun because of the yellow vest. Great post <3 Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cheese, cheddar dip & McD's. this sounds like the perfect picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and I love your style! I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm resisting the urge to go to the store right this moment and try your snack. In high school I was convinced that Gold Fish and Rocky Road ice cream were AMAZING together. I'm leery of trusting my judgement since it was around this time that the only way I could drink beer was if it was mixed with OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agreed that yellow is fantastic. And now I want to make some cheddar chips...

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds fantastic. I think cheese might be my all time favorite food!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)