Thursday, July 28

Caught!

Today my nightmare was realized. Today a co-worker caught me snapping some 30for30 photos. He was up the path a ways giving me some time to obviously react in a poised and mature manner. I loudly whispered to jack that photo time was o-ver, turned on my heel and made my exit. Unfortunately for me this guy is a speed walker - slash he's just pretty tall - and I quickly realized that not only did he witness my shameful narcissism but I knew him, in a professional capacity.



Club Monaco blazer | Kensie shirt | Rich&Skinny jeans | Franco Sarto pumps



Mortified. Embarrassed. Ashamed.
So maybe I'm being a little hard on myself, and perhaps a bit dramatic, but you guys understand - "not being caught" is practically a personal style bloggers commandment. I think it was even scripted somewhere... Thou shalt be sly when posing so as to avoid discovery and feelings of shame.

On the plus side, I heard through the grapevine he thought he'd stumbled upon a little naughty lunchtime rendez-vous. Luckily I had mentioned my embarrassment to someone else and she set him straight. I suppose that mayyy be worst than being seen taken photos of yourself... but only slightly.

16 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate when people, even people I don't know, see me taking outfit photos. I feel like I have to explain myself, but no words sound like they would make it better.

    p.s. Love your blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate being caught. i think bums hide behind dumpsters waiting for me to take photos. seriously...awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got caught by my neighbor once...it was mortifying. But then you just have to realize, 1) that person probably doesn't care and 2) your blog/photos are awesome and anyone who thinks it's "narcissism" is just plain crazy :)

    And, if he thinks this is somehow a naughty rendez-vous, then he MUST be crazy. You're fully clothed, duh ;)

    Seriously love this outfit, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit, I've run inside my house at lightning speed at the mere sound of footsteps rounding the corner. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! I completely understand the not being caught thing!! I haven't ventured outside just yet. Drew keeps trying to talk me into it. I need to find a secret place no one goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virgnie's CinemaJuly 29, 2011 at 6:20 PM

    I'm so sorry, even though it is pretty funny! I take my own pics with a tripod and I used to think it looked narcissit too, but then when people stare I smile and wave. We are aloud to be style bloggers!

    Notice how all your clothes seem to go so well with your new beautiful ring?

    ;)

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I thought you just let him believe that you and Jack were getting it on in the woods and I thought to myself, "Yeah...I'd probably just leave it too." Full of shame this hobby of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA you are hilarious. It did cross my mind that it would be better to let him believe that but the fact we work together threw a wrench into that plan...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once you go outside you'll totally be addicted to it! Even though I know I can take my photos quietly in peace in my apartment I'm always so bummed when I have to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahaha yes, that is how I get most my exercise in; running from embarrassment. sheesh, we're so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe they probably do, it's probably even a highlight of their day, especially if you've had a few run-ins already. Don't worry though, I have the same kind of relationship with my friendly, neighbourhood crack heads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha this comment totally made me feel better! You are right though, people usually don't care and when they do it's often because you've acted like a crazy-pants in response to their catching you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hee hee, I have actually been noticing what I nice little touch my ring brings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here, I must say I absolutely love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hei, new follower here and I just must say, love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)