Monday, June 20

Zebras and the City

Katrina Tuttle dress | Club Monaco bf blazer | Club Monaco belt | Franco Sarto flats | Nine West bag

Including this dress in the challenge was a big step for me. I bought this little number at the end of summer 2010 when I walked into Twisted Muse Boutique, bee-lined for the rack and then noticed the dress and the sale tag. Those who know me know that nothing tempts me more than a Tuttle dress, so a Tuttle dress on sale is a no-brainer

Usually a print such as this, a print so close to zebra, would scare me off within minutes but there was no way I could turn down this opportunity so I chose bravery instead. Unfortunately I have not been as brave since buying the dress, only having worn it a handful of times -this being the first time to work. I know, I know, with the amount of leg shown in the top picture it seems like an odd choice for work. In my defence, it was much longer when I was just standing around munching on breakfast and as I am already well-versed in the art of sitting, I did not practice before leaving the house for work. 

9 comments:

  1. OH, I LOVE this outfit! So chic! Loving the black and white with a blazer, cool belt and perfect amount of color in the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove this dress, it fits you perfectly too! Great outfit :)

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit! I love the dress. It would look great with some bright accessories too, like a pair of bold-colored shoes or belt. Can't wait to see how you remix it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have SUCH a crush on your hair. Its ridiculous.

    Also, the green necklace with all that black and white? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you threw in the green with the black and white. i heart it so much. you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that adding the green necklace was a genius idea - it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you threw in the green with the black and white. i heart it so much. you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)