Thursday, June 23

Losing Days

Tomorrow I am taking a vacation day making today my Friday and therefore a casual day. I know, I'm pretty audacious. This pseudo-Friday is also the longest Thursday that ever did live causing my premature Saturday even more preoccupying. It will all come to a head Sunday when I wake up at 6:30am mistaking it for a Monday.


Pink Martini cardigan | "a" shirt | Rich&Skinny jeans | Jules&James flats c/o Zellers


Truth-be-told today's casualness only became a reality once I realized I would have to wear pumps if I wanted to pull off the shirt with the black cropped slacks. If you read yesterday's post you know that's just not how I roll right now - ergo, jeans. Luckily everyone is pretty lax at my office so it wasn't an issue.

Regarding the shirt. I love this pattern. I do not like cowl necks, they make me feel weird like I have secret cleavage I'm unaware of. I love the sleeves and looseness on the sides. I wish the shirt was a little longer, I think my best bet is to stay away from low rise with this one and instead stick to skirts I can tuck it in to (which is a shame given the band at the waist is a nice detail) and high waisted slacks.

8 comments:

  1. i'm not a big fan of cowl necklines either but you make it work ;) and i heart your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that fancy top, all those pretty geometric shapes and lines!

    xo Teresa
    www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern on this top is fabulous! I'm a bug fan of the cowl neckline, I think it totally looks good on you. But I'm a little bit pear shaped and I feel like the extra fabric kinda 'evens me out'. You don't have that problem so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. the patten on that top is blowing my mind. I love how it is both graphic and delicate. I'm actually not a huge fan of things with bottom bands, I find they tend to widen one in awkward places, though this hits you in just the right spot, and looks quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the shirt! Really do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowl necks always lie funny on my chest. This one looks great though! And I just wanted to say, I really love the way you post photos...with a little roundup of detail shots. It looks great. Would you be offended if I "borrowed" the style? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @rose You described it perfectly - graphic and delicate. I could not find the words, but that is why I liked it so much and why I ignored the shortness of the shirt and the awkwardness of the cowl and bought it anyway.

    @emma I would certainly be flattered and not offended! I've always wondered if people found it weird that I did it this way (It just made sense to me when I started two 30for30 challenges ago) so I happy to know people enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um. the patten on that top is blowing my mind. I love how it is both graphic and delicate. I'm actually not a huge fan of things with bottom bands, I find they tend to widen one in awkward places, though this hits you in just the right spot, and looks quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)