Tuesday, June 28

Dress It Up

Often, in the summer, the best outfits are the most versatile. This morning when I woke up the ensemble I planned consisted of a shirt, skirt, pumps, blazer and accessories - the sun however, had other plans.

Since I'm a big fan of the sun I quietly tipped my hat in defeat, shed the blazer and pumps and went on my merry way. I don't think I necessarily needed to ditch the pumps but once the blazer was gone the laissez-faire 'tude of summer took hold of my heart and the only thing that made sense was bare feet, second to that were flats.


Club Monaco blazer* | GAP shirt | Club Monaco belt | BCBG skirt | Jules&James flats AND franco sarto pumps
  
This was a great outfit because it transitioned perfectly so I could last comfortably through the rest of my day once it warmed up outside. Plus, I love the collar on this shirt. Not only is the layered fabric such a great concept for detailing, it also means I don't have to worry about picking out a necklace when I wear it!

4 comments:

  1. you do look very corporate chic! :) lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice simple classy look. I like fabric details too. Especially on my work shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is adorable. Love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric details are the best. They're such an easy way to dress up while still feeling like you're just in a tee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)