Wednesday, May 11

Forgotten Title

You know what's fun about photos in stairways? Being able to hear when intruders are on their way before they sneak up on you causing you to leave red-faced. This is even more important when you are taking photos in your apartment building stairway. I seriously would be mortified if my neighbours knew me as that girl who always takes photos of herself around the building. Come on people, I don't always take photos of myself in the building, I only do it when it's raining or cold out. sheesh.

Pink Martini Cardigan, numph dress, Hue tights, Locale brogues

Continuing with the theme of me-versus-my-pumps, this outfit was born of the need for a look that was stylish and pulled together, yet casual enough to allow my brogues to slip in effortlessly. I think this outfit accomplished what I was looking for. Although I had a presentation the day I wore this outfit, the ensemble was much better suited to the relaxed environment of my company than my previous presentation outfit which had me towering over my engineering-jean-clad-colleagues.




Vanilla and orange chiffon with mousseline buttercream and raspberry filling

In other news, this was the cake that Jack ordered for my birthday from the incredibly talented Crystal of Gateaux Rose. It was such an amazing cake - in beauty and in taste - that I absolutely had to share it with you - if only I could offer you piece. Oh well, looks like you'll just have to look her up and order one (or some cupcakes!).

12 comments:

  1. Lovely! (The pictures and the cake.) Tell Jack to order me one, too.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit lady! I love it! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    xo.

    Angie

    thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend who went to an onsite interview with an engineering company and her heels got caught in a grate. All the men laughed at her and then advise she never wear shoes like that onsite again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this outfit! I love the detail on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo at shoving perfect looking cake in my face, but yay for your outfit and sneaky stair strategy! I can't take photos on stairs (well if I didn't suffer from Lazy Person's Disease anyway) b/c it's a pain to set up the tripod. I will live vicariously through you here in both location, outfit, cake-eating ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stairwells, too! I just wish I had some pretty ones around where I am.

    And that cake is absolutely beautiful. Hope you had a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks so versatile and I think you styled it nicely with your brogues.

    You're making me wish I lived in a building with a stairwell because I'm sure my neighbors refer to me as "that girl that takes her photos outside of her apartment often" : )

    Your birthday cake looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great blog! you are so inspirational! if you get teh chance to swing by mine i would really appreiciate your opinions. :)

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SO love this outfit! Head to toe, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO love this outfit! Head to toe, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this outfit! I love the detail on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! (The pictures and the cake.) Tell Jack to order me one, too.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)