Tuesday, May 10

Everybody. Everywear: Florals

The floral print; wonderfully whimsical, irresistibly romantic, flirty, fun and almost always a great choice - except when done wrong. They can be horrid when done wrong. Images of my grandmother's floral track suits, 80's faux-pas and 70's mis-matched, overdone pairings danced in my nightmares until a few summers ago when I bought my first floral (the one below). I fell in love with the colour and the subtly of the pattern and then, I begun to understand; it's all about the styling when it comes to florals. Almost every floral pattern can become enviable when styled correctly - the trick, I think, is to not over do it. To pair it so as to enhance the rest of your outfit. But what do I know? Seriously, what do I know? I like to eat macarons for birthday-breakfast appetizers.


Pink Martini cardigan, Kensie blouse, 2Two shorts, Hue tights, Hunter boots

I was pretty excited when I realized that I didn't have to style my florals for the office. Nothing against wearing florals in the office - I have done it before and I will do it again - I just felt the desire to go casual with this one. Also, since I now have no hope of ever seeing the sun again, I knew I'd be able to pair my boots into this outfit somehow. I'm not sure if you can tell but I'm actually pulling double floral-duty and sportin' some new flowery spring-fresh tights. Gotta say, florals on a rainy day is one of my new favourite moves.

In case you're new here or are just busy and haven't stopped by in a while - don't worry, I only hold it against you a little (I respond well to bribes of croissants, cookies, cakes and pastries of all kinds ) - don't forget to check out my first-ever giveaway!


Florals | Everybody, Everywear

23 comments:

  1. Looking good! I need those rain boots...

    Simple Subtle Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral tights with the wellies is ADORABLE. So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have floral tights - so delicate and lovely! You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this outfit. it's the perfect mix of romance and whimsy! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your casual take on the floral challenge!
    www.stylishyear.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Outfit, so smart and practical, who'd have thought that Shorts with Wellies would look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say Hi and say I enjoyed your EBEW look!!! And I spotted those Hunters! They look great with the printed tights!

    Hayley
    http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh those tights are awesome and fit so well to the EBEW challenge!! Great look. will have to try a similar one next time with my wellies as well. Love the shirt.

    Anja
    http://www.aheartandsoulstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you styled the floral shirt!! The rain boots add to the outfit for sure. Awesome :)

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. rain boots with floral print?!?! you just blew my mind. in a wonderfully inspiring way... love this!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you' like!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have totally mastered the shorts +wellies thing. I have tried (with no avail) to pull it off - trickier than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These boots make me want to run out and buy rain boots again... They're so cute with this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore those tights and how they are so subtle. I couldn't tell you had them on at first! And please don't knock the grandma floral track suits. I aspire for that in my old age, and to be a rockin' mall-walker.

    Caro
    http://nofindersfee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this look. I love how you paired your Hunter wellies with the floral tights too. I love rainboots and sometimes WISH it rains, just so I can wear mine! Too Cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and you have a new follower now! Smooches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that you added rainboots to this ensemble! Adds the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful printed top. i love the way u paired it with the lace tights and the boots. styling perfection.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! All the pieces of this outfit just work really well together. Love the floral tights. You look great!

    www.academiasartorial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. one of the best outfits i saw in this EBEW..me too i was very reluctant to wearl floral andi just bought my first floral dress as i thought EBEW was a good opportunity!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those tights are so pretty!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh those tights are awesome and fit so well to the EBEW challenge!! Great look. will have to try a similar one next time with my wellies as well. Love the shirt.

    Anja
    http://www.aheartandsoulstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those tights are so pretty!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking good! I need those rain boots...

    Simple Subtle Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)