Sunday, May 1

Florals, lace and cognac

Every once in a while something slightly amazing happens. For some, it's their wildest dreams coming true and being able to ride off into the sunset knowing everything will fall into place, for me it was when I was mistaken for being 20 - 22 years old; it seems I take 'em where I can get 'em. Oh yes, it made my week... and a half, because that's how long ago it happened. Also, this wasn't some rando on the street thinking it either, this was a girl who I have known for 3 or more years, and is herself 3 years younger than me. Just felt I had to share it with the world.
And, thank you - you know who you are.

Pink Martini cardigan, lovelygirl dress, Hue tights, Locale brogues

I was a little hesitant to buy this dress. On the one hand, it's wonderful; the exposed zipper, the lace, the tiers, the floral pattern and it looks fantastic with my new shoes. On the other hand, it's a little short, I feel it may be a little young for me and I feel like a bit of a milkmaid in it. However, the positives outweighed my neuroses and I committed to the dress - braids, pails and all.

9 comments:

  1. love love those shoes!

    and yes, it's the little things. such a pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the shortness of the dress is sort of tempered by the dark tights and flat oxfords. I love the combo of cognac and florals, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is fantastic! it looks so good paired with two-tone oxfords too! great outfit, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I LOVE comments like that. I got one yesterday - and actually I was wearing a short dress and I mentioned how short it was when a lady complimented me on it, and she goes, "Oh, you're young enough to pull it off." I laughed to myself and secretly filed that compliment away. Now I'm going to share it with you - you're totally young enough to pull off it off ;) .

    Oh, and check out my <a href="http://pinksundrops.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-share-uniquely-your-city-wednesday.html>Uniquely Your City blog post share</a>! I would love for you to have your own post on there! Not sure if you ever post about things to do in your city, but sometimes that coincides with fashion posts - even events would work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, I messed that up. Here's the link I meant to have in there
    Uniquely Your City blog post share

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the dress is a hit! Definitely will support my decision to wear it the next time.

    @pinksundrops I'm so happy you've had some similar, wonderful experiences lately. I will definitely check it out, it sounds really great! I keep it in mind the next time I'm out doing fun Halifax/Dartmouth stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday a co-worker said, "WHAT!?!?! I'm older than you? That really bums me out."

    I really liked how upset she got and then the last sentence was just plan ol' fact - That really bums me out.

    Thank you, thank you a lot a-hole co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I LOVE comments like that. I got one yesterday - and actually I was wearing a short dress and I mentioned how short it was when a lady complimented me on it, and she goes, "Oh, you're young enough to pull it off." I laughed to myself and secretly filed that compliment away. Now I'm going to share it with you - you're totally young enough to pull off it off ;) .

    Oh, and check out my <a href="http://pinksundrops.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-share-uniquely-your-city-wednesday.html>Uniquely Your City blog post share</a>! I would love for you to have your own post on there! Not sure if you ever post about things to do in your city, but sometimes that coincides with fashion posts - even events would work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)