Tuesday, April 5

Still Friends?

Sometimes a girl's just got to crop out her face. Usually these times are when it is windy and her hair is a mess and, because she has sensitive skin, her face is all blotchy and weird. Other times it's because it's cold out and she is unable to mask her discontent  with the weather, or she is being a bossy subject and keeps trying to control the situation so her mouth is caught open in super attractive ways. Okay, so maybe  it goes a little more like this: Most of the time a girl has just got to crop out her face.

BB Dakota blazer, Jack by BB Dakota dress, Hue tights, Steve Madden tights, borrowed belt

I can't take credit for this outfit; I borrowed both the dress and blazer from my friend, and Jack's sister, Ruby. She also styled it for me by wearing this combo, with better boots, herself. I unfortunately did not have awesome grey/taupe boots, or grey argyle tights, so I had to use my once-banished boots, and a black belt to tie them in, instead. Thank you, Ruby for a superior version to this last Thanksgiving - obviously I took more notice in your outfit than you may have thought. I hope we can still be friends, I promise I'm just a girl who admires a good ensemble and has a great memory.

13 comments:

  1. this outfit is absolutely gorgeous! the lightness of the skirt paired with the heavier boots and structured jacket works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks fantastic on you! The only thing that could make this outfit any better would be a fantastic pair of oxfords :) I read your last post and must admit, I adore my oxfords. Forget the trends, these things are fantastic. I plan on wearing mine for years. They are so darling, they dress up casual looks, but aren't too dressy for jeans. And they are comfy! I have a pair in black, silver and pink and couldn't be happier! I think you may feel the same! I highly recommend getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome outfit, love the neutral but feminine vibe.
    From what I can see of your face, you look beautiful as usual but feel free to crop your little heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, but that dress is great! and so are your bangs. is it creepy that i am obsessed with your bangs? but i am. (this weekend at the bar some guy told my roomate and i that he was going to start calling us 'the bang sisters' because of our hair. awkward, much?)

    your face looks adorable, silly. also, i listened to a canadian radio station on the way to work this morning and thought of you. aw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you know my stance on this issue. Needless to say you have my full support.

    That is a dress?! I need a hell of a lot more tulle in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crop the face? Genius. I've been avoiding the camera like the plague with my latest outbreak - I should have just cropped off the the top of each shot!
    And I love the blazer on dress action you've got here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @monkeyface jack was inspired by you a made me a lemurs face- not as fancy as yours but a lot effort was clearly put in.

    @Linda cropping the face is fantastic. It also helps when the narcissism of it all is starting to get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVELOVELOVE this dress!! this outfit is just too cute; I love the fact that the splash of colour comes from just the skirted portion of the dress.

    all in favour of you "perma-borrowing" the dress, raise your hands! *raises both hands*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why in the world were those boots banished anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're still friends... But only if I can borrow that belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're still friends... But only if I can borrow that belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, but that dress is great! and so are your bangs. is it creepy that i am obsessed with your bangs? but i am. (this weekend at the bar some guy told my roomate and i that he was going to start calling us 'the bang sisters' because of our hair. awkward, much?)

    your face looks adorable, silly. also, i listened to a canadian radio station on the way to work this morning and thought of you. aw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVELOVELOVE this dress!! this outfit is just too cute; I love the fact that the splash of colour comes from just the skirted portion of the dress.

    all in favour of you "perma-borrowing" the dress, raise your hands! *raises both hands*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)