Sunday, April 3

A little behind...

The chucks are back in my life in full force, so much so that I'm considering getting another pair. I can already picture it: thin soles, yellow. They exist, I've seen them. I just have to complete my oxford mission first. On the topic of oxfords - grey/taupe or cognac? I keep flip flopping. I am so late on this trend I don't even know that it's worth it, but that's how I roll. A trend comes out, I eye it cautiously, enjoying the ways in which it is styled but too afraid to attempt it myself. Months pass, I continue to stalk it becoming more comfortable with the idea of it. Finally, a whole year has gone by and we're in a new season, with new trends; I finally take the plunge and love every minute. By then you're all onto the next thing, which I am currently eyeing from a distance. Fun times of a nervous nancy.

MEXX cardigan, H&M brenton stripes, H&M shorts, Hue tights, Chucks

I finally attempted tights and shorts - an idea I've been lusting over for a while now. My burgundy H&M shorts were the obvious front runner as they allowed me the most flexibility with my choice of coloured tights - clearly, I would choose black. On Wednesday, Jack and I went out to the Wooden Monkey for dinner, and there was no way I was staying in my stuffy work clothes with the weather as nice as it was. I loved this outfit because it was casual yet stylish, warm and comfortable AND I got to wear shorts and feel as though spring is actually going to happen.

16 comments:

  1. I adore this outfit! Obviously because it features shorts and tights, but also because it is the perfect mix of chic and cozy. Don't be surprised if I blatantly copy this in the next week or so. I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yellow chucks you're talking about. I have them. And love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tatiana - you're tempting me by telling me that!! No good can come of this ;)

    @Lexie - oh you should definitely steal this, it was the best - I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love wearing chucks. Of course, I'm an avid no-heels girl. Those are the low profile chucks aren't they? I've been stalking those at a shoe store in the mall but haven't been quite ready to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jessica Oh you should definitely take the plunge and grab a pair - you will never go back. I honestly can't believe that these aren't the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to say, I love you for calling them Chucks. I don't know why, but I hate it when people call them "Converse" ugh.

    and those purple shorts. LOVE EM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shorts and the tights go so well together!!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes, and a yellow pair, sounds fabulous!! I hear ya about the trends, sometimes it takes me quite sometime to jump on certain trend trains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here! Found your comment on Hello, Monkeyface. So you should know that when I saw this outfit, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "God, you're cute!" (in a completely non-lesbian way...not that there's anything wrong with that...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could also try Bensimon canvas kicks instead of Chucks. Great colours, nice'n'cheap. I walk A TONNE and find that they do wear out after 5 months, but if you bus/drive they'll last a while. (I also just really love wearing shoes to destruction..)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @terra Ohhh I am super excited to check these out, I love discovering new casual shoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the chucks with the black tights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the chucks with the black tights!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here! Found your comment on Hello, Monkeyface. So you should know that when I saw this outfit, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "God, you're cute!" (in a completely non-lesbian way...not that there's anything wrong with that...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)