Saturday, April 23

Life Lesson from an Unlikely Source

Turns out wishing it's spring and it actually being spring, complete with warm weather and sunshine, are two completely different things. Remember that outfit with the red skirt? As well as it transitioned day-to-night, and as perfect as the tights went with it, the day was far too cold and boy did I suffer for cuteness. I even spent a big chunk of time searching for thicker, cream-colour tights to swap in to ease my pain - no luck. So, when the next day called for brisker, rainier weather my smart self did not ditch my initial-outfit-plan and went straight back for those oh-so-spring, thin tights - with an even shorter pairing. What can I say? I'm pretty stubborn.

kersh cardigan, fcuk blouse, 2Two shorts, 2Two belts, Hue tights, Hunter boots

I loved this outfit - not for this day, but for a sunnier one. The shorts fit loose and low on my waist creating a long torso. This may make it tough to choose the right, tuckable blouse, but I love it none-the-less. The red cardigan was the obvious choice for me to pair with the chambray-esque shorts and white blouse and popped so well against the more neutral colours. The light, cream-coloured tights are the perfect extra layer for those slightly cooler days, and the boots were perfect for the rain and stylin in the way only hunters can be. Once I re-wear this outfit, and it is inevitable, I will swap in my two-tone oxfords (oh yes, the search  is over) to make this truly a doll of an outfit.

10 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The colour palette is gorgeous :)

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this all the time, but I am going through blouse envy! The shorts with the sheer leggings are genius and I agree; this is a doll of an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! I may just copy it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man I can't wait to swap in my hunter too! can we please be wearing summer sandals... yesterday?

    cute outfit!

    xoxo
    Niki from A Haute Mess

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I got dressed this morning I thought to myself "I really need Sorren's light white striped tights for this outfit." I made do but not without a struggle. And also now I need a red cardi. NEED

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hunters! I hope you stayed in them all day.

    Caro
    http://nofindersfee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sorren, I love your outfit and you look really dishy wearing your Jeansshorts and Wellingtons.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sorren, I love your outfit and you look really dishy wearing your Jeansshorts and Wellingtons.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Hunters! I hope you stayed in them all day.

    Caro
    http://nofindersfee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)