Thursday, April 7

Hiding from the Rain

Today I wore a completely boring outfit that was entirely necessary given the intense amount of deliciousness I chowed down last night. So, instead of showing you something you've already seen I'm going to post Sunday's outfit.

Sunday, mother nature got back at me for enjoying last weekend so much. I don't know why I deserved it but I must have done something wrong. Perhaps it was because I threw a huge party in celebration of warmer weather at ol' MN's house and forgot to invite her. In my defence I thought she was out of town, and she's a bit moody. I wish I were as brave as Monkeyface and could have done photos outside in the rain... no wait, snow... no wait, hail... no wait, it's rain again. Even wearing my trusty wellies, I could not force myself out that door. Apparently monkeys are braver than humans. They're also cuter, and dirtier; coincidence? I think not. Perhaps if I shower less I could be as cute and brave as a monkey.

lovely girl shirt, talula shorts, hue tights, hunter boots

I was so happy with the way my last short/tights combo went the first time that I wanted to give it another go. Overall I liked the result but I wish my purple tights were a little lighter to create more of a contrast between the tights and the shorts. I was considering grey tights but with the grey boots and mostly-grey shirt I went in a different direction. Clearly I'm still debating better ways to wear my black shorts with tights, maybe my new cream ones will help.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not kidding I was thinking, "Why didn't Sorren tell us who MN was?" AND THEN I felt like an idiot.

    Oh and I'm jealous that your Hunters are tight, mine are all loose and don't look good with tailored stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really can't go wrong with the shorts and tights combo when it's still chilly outside. I love your grey Hunter boots! If only my short little legs would allow for such tall boots, I would totally copy you and get the exact same ones : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl hey! Saw you on Elle's blog. I love your style. These pics are super cute, and I love the boots! Pretty awesome location too! :)

    matters of merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain boots + shorts + tights = sounds totally ridiculous in theory, but looks AWESOME in practice. I LOVE THIS. And am now wishing that California had enough rain that I could justify purchasing some equally awesome boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOK HOW CUTE YOU ARE. i love love love your shorts and tights! and those wellies just completely make it.and your curly hair. AMAZING AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the gray hunters -gosh, I don't think there's a color I don't like, I'll take one in each!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sorren, your Tights and Wellingtons contrast beautifully.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the gray hunters -gosh, I don't think there's a color I don't like, I'll take one in each!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not kidding I was thinking, "Why didn't Sorren tell us who MN was?" AND THEN I felt like an idiot.

    Oh and I'm jealous that your Hunters are tight, mine are all loose and don't look good with tailored stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)