Monday, April 18

Back to the Start

Last Monday I high-tailed it out of Halifax to Montreal for some SEO training followed by a little vacation. I am a notorious over-packer so I made sure to take some shots of what I was bringing with me, however after a harrowing day at work I forgot the photos for my "see y'all later" post. Well, I am back now and not one to hide from the truth so here is a little peek into the extent to which I enjoy I having options. When it all wouldn't fit in my suitcase, I borrowed one from a friend. In addition to these items, I also brought a hair dryer, flat iron, toiletries, laptop, books, under garments, six pairs of tights and the list goes on. Although my packing skills definitely require some work, in my defence it is between seasons and I needed to plan for all possible situations and weather.

60 items (+2 jackets), 32 items worn

I wish I had gotten photos of all my outfits for the duration however I am not great at being ready with time to spare in the a.m. and the hotel light was awful in the p.m. I am pretty proud that I wore all eight pairs of shoes, plus one point for the excessive packer in me. I would make some sort of football reference at this point if only I knew enough about the game to say something witty.

6 comments:

  1. I travel a lot for work, and thought I was an overpacker, but 8 pairs of shoes?!?!?
    You have me totally beat!

    I like having options too and I think "underpackers" just don't take into consideration that you might not be "feeling" a certain outfit on a certain day...then what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks exactly like how I would have packed as well :)
    But at least you wore all the shoes :) I always build my outfits by first picking the shoes and then going from there. When doing the 30for30, did you plan outfits ahead of time? Maybe do this extreme planning for trips as well and then only grab one or two extras.

    Anja
    www.aheartandsoulstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought 60 items for a week's vacation?? That's more than the 30 for 30 challenge! LOL, love that you're coming out as an overpacker.

    Caro
    http://nofindersfee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @caro it's hilarious because I didn't even consider 30for30! If I had I think everything would have been A LOT easier!

    @anja I rarely planned outfits ahead of time with the 30for30 and same goes for this packing (although I suppose that's a little more obvious). I think next time I travel I should take a minute and create a few outfits instead of packing ALL my favourites.

    @elanor That's exactly why I overpack the way I do! I really do not like the idea that I'll not "feel" like wearing an outfit one day and be stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @caro it's hilarious because I didn't even consider 30for30! If I had I think everything would have been A LOT easier!

    @anja I rarely planned outfits ahead of time with the 30for30 and same goes for this packing (although I suppose that's a little more obvious). I think next time I travel I should take a minute and create a few outfits instead of packing ALL my favourites.

    @elanor That's exactly why I overpack the way I do! I really do not like the idea that I'll not "feel" like wearing an outfit one day and be stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I travel a lot for work, and thought I was an overpacker, but 8 pairs of shoes?!?!?
    You have me totally beat!

    I like having options too and I think "underpackers" just don't take into consideration that you might not be "feeling" a certain outfit on a certain day...then what?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)