Wednesday, April 20

Are you Kidding? I'd go anywhere to see a turtle

Don't recognize this skirt from my packing summary? That's because it's brand spanking new and boy-oh-boy do I love it. I didn't do much shopping on my trip - sad for my closet fantastic for my wallet - however this guy caught my eye my first day free from training and I snatched him right up. Unfortunately I didn't notice the seam was ripped until I put it on the next a.m. Rather than let that small snaffoo wreck my outfit I just borrowed a few safety pins from my sister and patched it up. I have a bad habit of not checking clothing for tears or stains before buying it, I just get so starry-eyed by all the possibilities.

United Colours of Benetton jacket, MAK cardigan, c'est moi scarf, Red Berry shirt, Jack by BB Dakota skirt,
Hue tights, Alfred Sung flats



Our days in Montreal were always packed full and tight so I had to consider what I would wear out at night when I was dressing in the morning. This is a much easier task in the summer when the clothes are smaller and easier to stuff into purses for a quick change. During seasonal transitions it can be a little harder because you want to take advantage of any warm weather you may encounter in the day, dress for the cool breezes you're sure to encounter and also have something a little sharper for the night. Although the last one is a little tame for the Vivian Girls and Black Lips show at Le National, the shoulders on the shirt gave it a little edge and the pieces did a good job of transitioning throughout my day and keeping me warm... mostly.

6 comments:

  1. just discovered your blog via reddit...I really like your style...you've got me wanting tights...these ones are great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt and I can see why you got so starry eyed over it...I have been on the hunt for the perfect shade of red in a pencil skirt.
    Endless possibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! i'm going to new york tomorow and i need to remember to keep versatility in mind when i'm packing tonight. also, that red skirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look. I have a red skirt I love to wear too and I just love how you layered this look to transition into different situations. Just lovely.

    xo.

    Angie

    thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! this skirt is HAWT.

    You look awesome, Sorren!! Are you ever going to come to any SEO training in Seattle? YEAH??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look. I have a red skirt I love to wear too and I just love how you layered this look to transition into different situations. Just lovely.

    xo.

    Angie

    thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)