Thursday, March 24

PUCK YOU, MISS

Remember how hilarious we all were in grade 5 when we started exploring curse words? I can remember lining the hall for an assembly, our teacher counting us off and then, the inevitable "shhh", followed by a chorus of whispered "itttt"s. Holy moly a friggin' riot I tell ya! I think I developed an instant crush on any boy brave enough to utter that syllable - oh the high, high standards of fifth grade Sorren.

Needless to say, Junior High Sorren wasn't much better and would have totally crushed on gross ol' Jonah. Oh well, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that, at very least, a year 11 Sorren would have NEVER tried to date a year 7.

kersh cardigan, DEBT dress, Club Monaco belt, Hue tights, Steve Madden boots

You're going to see a lot of these types of outfits for the next month or two. Me trying to inject some spring into my wardrobe - some winter pieces styled for spring, some spring pieces foiled by winter. I used my spring-like-coloured cardigan today and some light grey tights to try and freshen a winter staple - my plaid dress. I think the boots definitely did hold the overall effect back a season however, bare legs and flats aren't in the cards just yet.

There's something about this plaid that screams winter to me and makes me want to retire it 'til the late fall - am I being nutters??

11 comments:

  1. Love the colour of the cardigan! I'm doing that as well right now, try to add Spring items to my winter clothers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shut the front door! Plaid always seems fall/winter to me, but lately I've been seeing cute styling (like your ensemble here, ahem ahem) and lighter fabrics that have started to change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah that's funny that we both have started to think that maybe, just maybe, plaid might be okay for the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of color the cardigan brings to this outfit, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find the cardigan? Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bright cardigan with your paid dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this outfit... the bright aqua cardi is so pretty!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the color of that cardigan. I just got one in that color not that long ago at target. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardigan is a great color! I love how it dressed up the plaid dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable outfit! The blue is beautiful. And I totally feel you on the spring thing. I keep thinking, if I wear spring dresses, it just has to warm up - right?

    So glad I stumbled across your blog; looking forward to reading more.

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)