Saturday, March 12

PRETTY THINGS

Although NY Fashion Week has been over for quite some time now, I have only just gotten around to taking a peek at some of the shots from the runway. Since I spent Saturday helping some friends move, inheriting a short bout of fever and will be Jack's assistant while he's filming an event tomorrow, it is unlikely I will be wearing anything truly worthy of an outfit post this weekend; offering the perfect opportunity for me to share some of my favourite looks I stumbled upon. 

All photos from Harpers Bazaar's Top 100 Looks
Rodarte: I love how although the patterns are superbly contrasting there seems to be a logical transition from one pattern to the next. I'm especially smitten with the navy part of the skirt on the left. 

Jason Wu: A number of his looks included the exaggerated bow with this look being my favourite way it was worn. It is my dream to go around dressed like this. The navy shorts, belted blazer and big bow have completely stolen my heart.

Vera Wang: This girl just looks all kinds of pretty, fancy, trouble. I love the combination of romanticism and edginess; it's like she perfectly captured the rockstar-fairy princess in me.

DKNY: I can already envision myself recreating both of these looks, and boy am I excited. My weekend, Saturday-morning-market-going-cafe-loitering wardrobe is calling for the khaki trench, tied trim pants and classic white button-up. The skirt, though slightly more difficult to wear, would be well taken care of by my lady-of-leisure, lunching side (on weekends of course, as I have a 9-5).

Marc by Marc Jacobs: Nobody can have too many shirt dresses, especially when one like this pops up on the market. I am currently imagining all the ways in which I would wear this; out for breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee, pastries, to the market, to the park, for a picnic, a walk on the beach... 

Proenza Schouler: I love the detailing on the shoulders of the sweater and the way it is belted on the bottom; the way both fit so well with the skirt. I can't explain it really, the first time I went through the shots I even passed this once by, but there's something about the simplicity that grabs me. This would be the perfect outfit for one of those days that just isn't quite warm enough, or out for a late, casual dinner.

5 comments:

  1. So much pretty in this post. Particularly love the Vera Wang & Jason Wu looks. Currently wishing I could rock this stuff to the office, M-F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I loved about most of the looks I chose was that I felt I could totally throw one of them together and it would work in my day-to-day; maybe not the rodarte, but maybe that's just bcause I'm not brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG @ the Vera Wang and the DKNY. GASP. Need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all the fun shapes and textures of the new collection. and definitely very spring!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all the fun shapes and textures of the new collection. and definitely very spring!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)