Thursday, March 3

HYSTERICS

I have a confession guys, I have been a very neglectful blogger lately. It's not something I've been doing on purpose, life has just been nutso - work, weekends, nights; there's just so much to do. Seriously though, all I want is for some downtime to blog - and even more importantly - to catch up with my blog friends! Okay, I'm slightly embarrassed that I've just admitted to everyone that I am basically addicted to blogging, but I can't help it. Gotta say though, as far as vices go - this one isn't so bad.

MEXX cardigan, RW&Co shirt, Club Monaco skirt, Club Monaco belt, Franco Sarto flats.
Nails: OPI-You Don't Know Jacques
Hump day was a rough day for me. I had planned on wearing my Esprit skirt again but just wasn't feeling it. Pretty much the only thing I was feeling when I woke up Wednesday morning, was my sweatshirt dress - alas, that is not office appropriate. Since sweats were out of the picture I settled for something that I knew was comfortable, spicing it up with my checkered tights. I loved how the outfit looked, and the addition of my grey cardigan made everything all the more comfy - beautiful.

numph dress, ben sherman button-up, Club Monaco belt, Hue tights, Franco Sarto pumps
Nails: OPI - William Tell Me About OPI
I was so excited to throw this outfit together. The last time I wore this dress I tore through my closet trying to match shirts to this dress; this was the second, out of two, that worked. I liked how the stiffness of the shirt complimented the stiffness of the dress. This is also the first time I paired this belt with the dress and I loved it! I'm like the fabric tie that came with the dress, but I felt the black belt brought it to the next level. Once again, the only issue was how the dress would stuck to my tights - I even wore a slip this time! It looks like I'm just going to have to look forward to warm weather and bare legs. I wore this outfit to a luncheon I had to attend and it was great; fun, chic and went perfectly with my name tag they gave me.

In other news, the balloons have fallen and are currently floating around our floors as a perfect balloon cloud, great for photos. Obviously, I am slightly distracted by the balloons and have forgotten to try and pose.

14 comments:

  1. The ballons are perfect for photos! To bad they can't stick around all the time :) More importantly, those tights are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I'm addicted too. I think about what I could be doing and wishing I could see all the other great blogs when I'm doing other things. But like you said, it's a pretty innocent addiction, right?
    And by the way, you did it again. You wore a shirt under a dress and look put together and professional. I HAVE to try it again because I want to look as good as you!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you tried the slip and it still stuck?? That's annoying...sometimes I rub a dryer sheet to my skirts too. That helps, but it could be that your dress just likes those tights too damn much to not stick to them. Cute outfit! I also love the plaid tights in the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wide belt and patterned tights! Belts add so much visual interest to your outfits.

    I guess I'd say I'm addicted to blogging too. I do find it to be very consuming, but it's such a fun hobby, I can't imagine not maintaining a blog of some sort, even if it was one on a topic other than fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you always make even darker colors appear so bright and pretty. Love both looks on you. Woo hoo, we're almost done!!!
    Happy shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha posing in a pile of balloons looks so fun! And I loveee those checked tights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your checked tights, too! i also LOVE the plaid under that dress.

    and it's okay. i've been a delinquent blogger lately, too, without any kind of good excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are the checkered tights in the first outfit from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! I'm so addicted to blogging. Like, once my google reader is all caught up and I've posted my outfit, I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't remember what other hobbies I used to have.

    Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! I'm so addicted to blogging. Like, once my google reader is all caught up and I've posted my outfit, I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't remember what other hobbies I used to have.

    Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you always make even darker colors appear so bright and pretty. Love both looks on you. Woo hoo, we're almost done!!!
    Happy shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, you tried the slip and it still stuck?? That's annoying...sometimes I rub a dryer sheet to my skirts too. That helps, but it could be that your dress just likes those tights too damn much to not stick to them. Cute outfit! I also love the plaid tights in the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ballons are perfect for photos! To bad they can't stick around all the time :) More importantly, those tights are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)