Tuesday, March 8

Everybody. Everywear: The Polka Dot

Sometimes, after a hard day's work, I like to rush home, flip on the tv and tune into Yo Gabba Gabba; dancing my troubles away for the next 30 minutes. You may think it embarrassing to admit that a go-to pick-me-up of mine is a children's show that writes fantastic songs reminding viewers to be nice to animals, and how it's not cool to bite your friends; well, I'm not - everybody needs a refresher sometimes (I always forget that biting thing, which can get me in some pretty hot water). Plus, DJ Lance Rock brings it every. single. time. and invites his awesome friends like of montreal, MGMT and the roots to stop by - it's a regular ol' children's SNL. I feel some Yo Gabba Gabba in my immediate future…

Halogen jacket, Pink Martini shirt, Club Monaco skirt, Club Monaco belt, Hue tights, Franco Sarto pumps
As always, I am VERRRY excited that today marks another Everybody, Everywear event! Is it wrong how excited I get about these things?? I'm probably almost as passionate about EBEW as I am about Yo Gabba Gabba (I know, pretty random tangent, right?) and love Liz and Linda for being so wonderful as to mastermind the whole thing. This edition has probably been my toughest so far - I almost didn't find anything polka dot in my wardrobe. I don't even know how that's possible because I was pretty obsessed with them for a good 2 years of my life, so obsessed in fact that I have polka dot shoes (which were my fall back). 

I dug this ditty out of my summer-wear, and although it is not the traditional polka dot, I think it passes. My other option was my navy and white polka dot bikini but I thought that was a little inappropriate for the office. Sure I could throw it on top on a tee shirt and slack avoiding the "baring too much skin rule", but I still don't really think it would work. 



Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

21 comments:

  1. Way to be creative, I'm rocking the polka dots today too, I just found the whole EBEW thing and I'm loving it!

    ~Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute outfit and great pictures ;)
    http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't, Don't, Don't bite your friends!

    Oh my goodness, my son had a Yo Gabba Gabba phase where we'd watch a ton of the videos on Youtube (my favorites are "I like bugs" and "Tiny Ugly Germs") but now it's just Thomas the Train, which isn't as fun.

    Love your polkadots and your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yay kimmie, I'm so happy that you know about it! chomp, chomp, chomp? yes, yes, yes. bite, bite, bite? no, no, no. i like bugs and tiny ugly germs are also great tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya. This was my hardest as well!
    While I'm sure you would have rocked the bikini, I am more impressed that you were able to winterize that top!

    Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute. I love your style, and I'm officially following! xo Can't wait to dig through your archives girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i love that you enjoy being reminded not to bite your friends. i'm sure jack appreciates it, too.

    how are you bangs always so perfect? also, i love the ruched sleeves on that jacket. or are they just pushed up? either way, they LOOK ruched, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gah! I love your blog! And this is so cute. Hey don't worry I watch the Disney channel constantly, so there's certainly no shame in yo gabba gabba. I too get overly excited about EBEW... I think it has to do with having to create an outfit around one thing for me. I like it when I am presented challenges and I get to create around them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit was one of my favorites! I love the fit of that top, it falls in just the right way, especially with the help of the belt! And I love the slouchy casual yet professional purple blazer to complete the look. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adoring your outfit! Your polka dot shirt is so fabulous :) its a unqiue twist on a classic, love it! Really adorable blog.

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't HUE tights just the best? I just love them. I also love how casual and yet pulled together this look is. And my top was from F21 today! Yay for cheap polkas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your shirt! It looks great against all the black. I've been hearing about Yo Gabba Gabba so much recently, and now I must check them out to see what all the fuss is about!

    www.candidclassic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shirt definitely counts as Polka Dot! I also love that you have Polka Dot shoes at home, nice to know I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your polka dot top is so fantastic! and yo gabba gabba cracks me up too. the green-screened kids breaking it down, dancing their hearts out are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those pumps are HAUTE. I love your dotty blouse and the blousy way you belted it (yeah there was prolly a better word for that but you get what i'm sayin) !

    ReplyDelete
  16. SPOT ON! :D Lovely look! :) Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEV! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable outfit - great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this combo. that jacket is such a great colour and your layering is beautiful!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this combo. that jacket is such a great colour and your layering is beautiful!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  20. SPOT ON! :D Lovely look! :) Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEV! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. gah! I love your blog! And this is so cute. Hey don't worry I watch the Disney channel constantly, so there's certainly no shame in yo gabba gabba. I too get overly excited about EBEW... I think it has to do with having to create an outfit around one thing for me. I like it when I am presented challenges and I get to create around them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)