Monday, March 28

Electric Feel

In an attempt to shake off my between-season funk I have turned my back on my beloved boots, instead seeking comfort in the soles of my grey, low-top, thin-soled chuck taylors. Unfortunately I can't say that the boots and I will stay broken up because, try as I might, I just can't seem to dig deep enough into the ol' tickle trunk to pull out some new spring shoes. Don't you worry though, I have an inkling that after my trip to Montreal two weeks from now that trunk will be brimming with new spring duds.

Jacob cardigan, Katrina Tuttle dress, Hue tights, Chuck Taylor sneaks, belt borrowed from Stop Staring dress
Original location before I refused to take off the coat, because it was too windy, and too cold and too windy

This is what I wore Saturday while Jack and I ran around town eating delicious things and buying fancy summer-wear. Although the wind was strong and the cold air forced me to wear a coat, the sun was bright and my outfit felt like spring; even the dark tights couldn't pull me down. I think the key to it was the white cardigan and my favourite pair of kicks. The outfit even transitioned perfectly to night when we headed down to the Khyber for a show - I just swapped out the cardigan for my Club Monaco boyfriend blazer.

9 comments:

  1. How do you even make sneakers look chic? Man. I wonder if it's just that my sneakers are way more lame than yours. Or that I need those sunglasses. And your hair. Well I'll start with copying the outfit and see how it goes from there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you paired those gymers with that dress. Oh so cute, yet still casual and comfortable - a perfect combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool look on you, love that you wore sneakers with the outfit. Great color palette. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you styled your dress with your chucks. So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dress! Love the sneakers paired with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the tights and sneakers look together! I definitely need to try this.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my chucks! But they've fallen to the wayside since starting my blog since I don't feel they're "stylish" enough. But you totally just proved me wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're wearing chucks with this! I'm always seeing all the style bloggers in heels and I am not a heels girl at all! Glad to see you rocking the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sorren! I came over from Kristen's blog...you are too cute! I love your style. The chucks are a perfect addition! Can't wait to see what you wear next! Following--

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting to know you all a little better each time :)